Kanye West debuted his latest single “Wolves” featuring Vic Mensa and Sia hours before his First Annual Roc City Classic concert with Kevin Durant. Rolling Stone is reporting that the song premiered during an event for West’s new sneaker, the Yeezy 750 Boost and will be the first track off new and untitled album.
Kanye started the performance with “Jesus Walks,” while laying on the floor, black contacts, throaty vocals, spitting his lyrics out. It was almost scary. Kanye’s always pushing the envelope and at this point, that envelope is nowhere in his reach. As he stands, he sings his ode de North West, “Only One.” He’s almost crouching as his does his typical Kanye shuffle all over the stage. The glowing back wall and ceiling start to close in on Kanye and he’s crouching now as Sia and Vic Mensa crawl out to perform the new song, “Wolves.”
It’s a brooding tune, as Sia howls over the track, offering her impressive and hauntingly gorgeous vocals and fellow Chicago rapper Vic Mensa took a page out of Ye’s book and exercised his singing voice on the track, sadly singing, “Don’t fly too high, your wings might melt, you’re just too good to be true,” all while crouching alongisde Yeezy and Sia.
This show marks the 40th Anniversary of “Saturday Night Live” and this is a major milestone. And because all is right with the world, Kanye’s getting mentioned in skits. Mike Myers and Dana Carvey teamed up for some Wayne & Garth nostalgia and gave a list of top ten rules for the show. One of those rules was for Kanye to sit down. And of course that came packaged with a Kanye cameo where he pretended to stand to head to the stage as he’s so infamously done with first Taylor Swift and most recently Beck–both because he felt Beyonce deserved the awards they were given.
One thing you can say about Yeezy is that he’s passionate. He’s expressing himself as a new age artist–fashion and music both with innovating, albeit strange displays, but at least he has a point of view.
What do you think of “Wolves”? Sound off in the comments below.
All The Times North West Wanted Everyone & Everything To Go Away
1. North West Doesn't Want Any Of You Around Her. Any Of You.Source:Instagram 1 of 27
2. The Paparazzi Wake North West at the Airport.Source:Instagram 2 of 27
3. Nori At LAX.Source:Instagram 3 of 27
4. Sleepy North WestSource:Instagram 4 of 27
5. I Don't Care! I'm Not Happy & That's All That Matters!Source:Instagram 5 of 27
6. Pardon My BackSource:Instagram 6 of 27
7. Daddy, I Didn't Like Your ShowSource:Instagram 7 of 27
8. Mom, I look Fine8 of 27
9. Why Does She Dress Us Alike?9 of 27
10. Your Happiness Is Too LoudSource:Instagram 10 of 27
11. Mom, Move!11 of 27
12. Is He Supposed To Be Holding Me Like This?12 of 27
13. *Side Eye*13 of 27
14. Mom, I'm Pretty Sure I'm Not Supposed To Wear This14 of 27
15. The Look Of "Help" In Her Eyes15 of 27
16. I'm Sleep Though16 of 27
17. This View Though17 of 27
18. What Is This Velvet?!18 of 27
19. North, The ArtistSource:Instagram 19 of 27
20. Why Are They Always Taking My Picture?Source:Instagram 20 of 27
21. My Parents Are Who?!Source:Instagram 21 of 27
22. Do You See This Coast?Source:Instagram 22 of 27
23. Is That Alive?Source:Instagram 23 of 27
24. I Said, "Let's go!"Source:Instagram 24 of 27
25. Everything Is Better When No One Else Is AroundSource:Instagram 25 of 27
26. I'm Wearing Fur, I Don't Walk When I'm Wearing Fur!Source:Instagram 26 of 27
27. I'm Bullet ProofSource:Instagram 27 of 27