Can you believe we’ve been trying to make “fetch” happen for 10 years now? That’s right, this year marks the 10th anniversary of the teenage classic, “Mean Girls.” Thanks to Regina (Rachel McAdams), Gretchen (Lacey Chabert), Karen (Amanda Seyfried) and Cady (Lindsay Lohan), we now only wear pink on Wednesdays, have a new appreciation for “Jingle Bell Rock” and write all our frustrations in a “burn book.” Let’s celebrate the creation of this awesome film by taking a look at some of the best moments of the movie in gif form.
1. The moment when Gretchen apologized for being too popular:
2. The moment when Karen decided the Wednesday dress code for our entire lives:
3. The moment when Gretchen taught us “the rules of feminism:”
4. The moment when Regina taught us what to say to the friend that’s too busy to hang out:
5. The moments where Regina’s mom tried to be down:
6. The moment when Janice actually proved to be the coolest chick in school:
7. The moment when Cady fell in a trash can:
8. The moment when Karen made us reevaluate everything we’ve ever learned about geography:
9. The moment Regina got hit by a bus and we suddenly realized that being a mean girl came with great consequences:
10. And finally, the moment when we learned the best phrase of all time..
Happy 10th Anniversary “Mean Girls!”
#ItsOctober3rd: 8 "Mean Girls" Lines We Still Quote
1. It's "Mean Girls" Appreciation Day!
Today is Mean Girls Appreciation Day thanks to that great line by Lindsay Lohan: "It's October 3." There are countless life problems "Mean Girls" movie lines have solved ("...because she can't sit with us.") we pay homage to the 10-year-old film by looking back over some of our favorites.
Too bad, Gretchen Wieners never really made this word happen.
3. Every Answer To Every Argument
Know your place.
4. To Get In The Circle...
...Know the dress code.
5. It's Just Facts...
...Don't take it personal.
6. If You're Not Busy...
...do this to occupy your time.
7. For The Intellectual...
...This is for you.
8. Wait, Is This My Nickname?
9. Don't Stop What You Do...
...'Cause the haters gon' hate.