“The Queen Latifah Show” is out with the old and in with the new.
According to the New York Post, the award-winning talk show let go of staffers last week in efforts to cut costs. An insider said the daily program was “hugely over budget” last season and needed a trim.
“While some put the number of layoffs as high as 20, an insider insisted there were only five,” Page Six reported.
A Latifah rep added, “As with any show . . . we have experienced turnover in a small number of positions in response to the creative evolution of the show, most of which have since been filled.”
“The Queen Latifah Show,” which was recently renewed for a second season, won the award for Best New Talk Show at the 2014 People’s Awards.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Beauties, hit me on Twitter with your thoughts! @MyeishaEssex
Check Out This Gallery
1. Queen Latifah at the "Steel Magnolias" New York Premiere
Style Tip #1: Update your little black dress with bold statement accessories.
2. Queen Latifah at the 85th Annual Academy Awards
Style Tip #2: Never mind what your Grannie told you about wearing white. The Olive Pope-white is the new black on the red carpet this season, and you'll serve plenty of glam duplicating this look.
3. Queen Latifah at the 85th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals
Style Tip #3: A flattering neckline, preferably a V-neck, is a style staple for a curvy girl. A v exposes the collar bone and accentuates a woman in all of the right places.
4. Queen Latifah at VIBE's 20th Anniversary Celebration And Inaugural Impact Awards
Style Tip #4: A moto jacket, a wardrobe staple, can carry you through from fall to winter.
5. Queen Latifah at the "Joyful Noise" Los Angeles Premiere
Style Tip #5: If your stomach is your trouble zone, a little draping goes a long way.
6. Queen Latifah Visits "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon"
Style Tip #6: Find a fitted white blazer with amazing gold buttons to spruce up your all black look for the day.
7. Queen Latifah at the 8th Annual Keep A Child Alive Black Ball
Style Tip #7: Confidence is the best accessory, wear what you feel good in, and feel good in what you wear.