Has your holiday weekend left you throwing a bottle of aloe and Excedrin migraine in your purse this morning? Has it left you carrying a couple extra pounds around the waistline as well?
All that worrying about squeezing into your 4th of July bikini has all gone down the drain after hitting up the BBQ’s all weekend. The ribs you were snacking down with Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bob have now stuck to your ribs, a little reminder of the tasteful yet unhealthy foods your palette took pleasure in that your body despised.
Think back to what you nibbled on over this past weekend. Not looking too good huh? Here are a list of some of the most common worst for you foods seen at 4th of July BBQ’s:
1. Pork or Beef ribs are the fattest part of the animal. Containing up to 1,540 calories and 124 grams of fat.
2. On the grill. Hot dogs, sausage, and bratwurst can reach up to 1250-1600 milligrams of sodium.
3. What’s a barbeque without mayonnaise? Mayonnaise based salads such as coleslaw, potato salad, and pasta salad can contain up to 20 grams of fat per ½ cup.
We know it was the holiday weekend, and you were relaxing from the stressful work week, allowing yourself to indulge in the holiday foods. Now, you would like to get back into the routine of things. Just because 4th of July is complete doesn’t mean the beaches have shut down! Want to know what are some of the best summer foods to keep you looking good?
1. Endive and grapefruit salad is perfect for getting some vitamin C in your body.
2. Grilled vegetables such as onions, bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus, and eggplant are all low fat and tasty when poured under light olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.
3. Watermelon contains natural compounds that may protect against bone loss.
4. Iced Tea has been studied and proven that it does help to reduce memory loss. This drink will chill you down, satisfy your taste buds, and keep you alert.
5. Want that six-pack abs? Blueberries can help shed belly fat with its high levels of antioxidants.
Losing weight the healthy way it’s not all about what you put into your mouth, it’s also what you put your body through physically. Here are 5-summer cardio routines that will help you shed those extra pounds and keep your toned summer bikini bod.
1. Jogging is the simplest form of cardio, but one of the best. For a great fat burning work out session set a steady pace for 30 minutes.
2. A run on the Treadmill. Just because the weather isn’t permitting for an outdoor run does not mean you have an excuse to miss your cardio session for the day. While running on the treadmill you can catch up on some TV, or blast the radio and listen to music.
3. Step Aerobics is always something fun you and a girlfriend can do together. Not only are you exercising and burning calories, the environment of an aerobics class has been studied and proven to help promote an overall better mood in a person.
4. What is a summer cardio workout list without swimming? Swimming is one of the best cardio routines that is low impact on your bones and joints, yet highest in toning your overall body muscles.
5. Step out of the 4 wheeler and pedal onto the 2 wheeler. Cycling is a fun cardio workout for the summer. You can head out to the local park, or if the weather is a little on the cloudy side you can do it in your bedroom with a static cycle.