The family of a Ferguson, Mo. teenager who was killed by a White cop in the summer of 2014 plans to announce a civil rights lawsuit against the city, the Washington Post reports.
Michael Brown Jr.’s parents — Michael Brown and Lesley McSpadden — along with their attorneys Ben Crump, Anthony Gray, and Daryl Parks, will make the announcement of a wrongful death suit at a news conference Thursday morning. Brown, who was 18-years-old at the time of the incident, was fatally shot by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson.
A grand jury elected not to indict Wilson in November.
According to the Washington Post:
Attorneys for the Brown family said last month that they intended to file a civil suit against Ferguson over the shooting. This came shortly after the Justice Department announced its decision not to seek civil rights charges against Wilson, a decision the Brown family called “disappointing” at the time.
SOURCE: Washington Post | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Public Reaction To Mike Brown Verdict In Ferguson
1. Protestors in Ferguson1 of 15
2. Protestors in Ferguson2 of 15
3. Protestors in Ferguson3 of 15
4. Protestors in Ferguson4 of 15
5. Protestors in Ferguson5 of 15
6. Protestors in Ferguson6 of 15
7. Protestors in Ferguson7 of 15
8. Protestors in Ferguson8 of 15
9. Protestors in Ferguson9 of 15
10. Protestors in Ferguson10 of 15
11. Protestors in Ferguson11 of 15
12. Protestors in Ferguson12 of 15
13. Protestors in Ferguson13 of 15
14. Protestors in Ferguson14 of 15
15. Protestors in Ferguson15 of 15
Family Of Ferguson Teenager Michael Brown Jr. Plans Civil Rights Lawsuit Against City was originally published on newsone.com