Walking is an excellent way for any person with working legs to build up fitness.Here are some tips to create your own neighborhood walking workout:
1. Make sure you walk for at least 20 minutes to start efficiently burning fat! I would start by walking 5 minutes first, then start your intervals!
2. Wear a heart rate monitor to ensure you are burning fat and walking fast enough! Your goal is to keep your heart rate at 65-85% of your heart rate maximum! To determine your max, take 220 minus your age. That is your max and then you take 65-85% of that!
3. To turn more calories, step up your normal walking routine with muscle toning intervals including:
– Side shuffling
– Side stepping squats
– Walking lunges
– Reverse lunges with upper back squeeze
– Triceps dips off a bench or curb
– Pushups on a park bench
– Crab crawl
– Bear walk
– Bunny hops
– Power skipping
Check out the hottest celeb pics on the net!