If you watched the first season of “SWV Reunited,” you would know that Cheryl “Coko” Clemons, Leanna “Lelee” Lyons and Tamara “Taj” George started to record a new album, dealt with shocking secrets from the past, confronted management drama, dealt with health emergencies and devastating personal problems that threatened to break the group up again!
MUST READ: SWV Says They Broke Up Because Of…
SWV was easily the biggest girl group of the 90’s. They have sold over 15 millions albums, gained a plethora of musical awards and proved themselves to be unstoppable. That is, until that drama behind the scenes split the girls up in 1998 and they all went their separate ways.
Now, after marriages, kids and other business ventures and the first season of their new reality show under their belt, season two begins tonight! What can we expect at this season? More drama! Coko is having a hard time reuniting and being the lead singer, even though that’s the foundation the group was built on! But why? We caught up with Coko, Taj and Lelee and couldn’t help but have them dish on Coko’s unwillingness to sing lead. Find out what she said above.
Check Out This Gallery Of R&B Girl Groups!
Girl Power: R&B Girl Groups
1. 1. Group En Vogue is known for best for their hit song “Hold On.” (Photo: Retna)
2. 2. The Las Vegas-based group was founded by Missy Elliott. (The Urban Daily)
3. 3. The group Blaque made its first appearance in a Lil’ Kim video. (Photo: Retna)
4. 4. Brownstone is known best for its hit song “If You Love Me.” (Photo: EURweb)
5. 5. Destiny’s Child was formed in Houston and has sold over 40 million albums. (Retna)
6. 6. The group Jade is best known for the hit song “Don’t Walk Away.”
7. 7. MoKenStef is best known for the hit song “He’s Mine.” (The Urban Daily)
8. 8. Sisters With Voices originally formed as a gospel group in the 90′s. (Photo: Rance Elgin)
9. 9. TLC has been ranked one of the greatest musical trios.
10. 10. Total was one of the signature acts of Bad Boy Records. (The Urban Daily)