Pharrell continues to bring us “Happy” music with the release of his single “Come Get It Bae.” And did we mention it’s a visual homage to femininity? Yasss! Pharrell uses real women in the clip, showcasing all of our different shapes, colors and sizes.
The video was going well as Pharrell snapped photos of the women as they danced…until Miley Cyrus showed up and ruined the concept. Seriously. Miley is such a caricature. The “twerking queen” wagged her tail and tongue, donning a ponytail in the middle of her head secured with a schrunchie. And in the words of Carrie Bradshaw, no one wears schrunchies.
Despite Miley’s purposeless appearance, “Come Get It Bae” is a cute and upbeat tune that will give the music stations something else to play besides “Happy.”
'Happy' Times! 9 Reasons Why 2014 Is The Year Of Pharrell Williams
1. Pharrell Williams Is Winning!1 of 9
2. 'The Voice' Taps A New Coach2 of 9
3. Adidas Gets Lucky3 of 9
4. A Star-Studded Oscar Perfomance4 of 9
5. ‘Happy' Continues Global Domination5 of 9
6. His Grammy-Winning Formula6 of 9
7. He Doesn’t Look A Day Past 307 of 9
8. Who Doesn't Love A Trendsetter?8 of 9
9. Happy Wife, Happy Life9 of 9