This is pretty much the most perfect thing I’ve seen all day. Plus size blogger, Gabi Gregg of Gabifresh.com, plus model, Tess Munster and model/blogger, Nadia Aboulhosn teamed up to create their own version of Beyonce’s quotable track, “Flawless.” As the video’s creator, Gabi wanted to provide a visual for the plus size women of the world who are down on themselves because of society’s harsh critiques on our bodies. Gabi says, “This video is dedicated to the mainstream media, to the fashion industry, to internet bullies, and to anyone else who thinks it’s their right to try to make us feel less than because of their insecurities. #everyBODYisflawless.”
Must Read: IMAN Cosmetics Weekly Sweepstakes
The result is an absolutely flawless display of self love that can inspire even those who wear single digit clothing. You don’t have to be plus size to know that loving your body is a must. As a self-proclaimed Beyhive member and a Beygency hopeful, Gabi couldn’t resist the urge to use her favorite singer’s powerful anthem as a soundtrack for body acceptance.
As a fat woman of color, I’m often treated differently than my thin, white peers. By brands, by fellow bloggers, by the media… I get passed over for things I’m more than qualified for. I get stares and cold shoulders at fashion events. I hear whispers. I get hate mail and trolling comments from people who call me disgusting and say I shouldn’t be allowed in public. Like Bey, I usually just brush these people off, and I never give these people power by addressing them here or anywhere else. But it gets tiring, and sometimes I’m really tempted to drop the lady-like thing and just kind of…go off. So when I heard Beyonce addressing her haters in the song ***Flawless, I immediately fell in love.
I knew I wanted to do something with it, so I called up two other major players in the plus size fashion world who I know also deal with their fair share of shitty people, the gorgeous Nadia Aboulhosn and game-changer Tess Munster, and asked if they’d be interested in collaborating on a video. I wanted to show that:
1) we are not competing to be the Top Dog in our niche—we are supportive of each other and are all working toward the same goal: body positivity and inclusivity.
2) you don’t have to be a certain size to claim your flawlessness. Fat is not a flaw.
This video is dedicated to the mainstream media, to the fashion industry, to internet bullies, and to anyone else who thinks it’s their right to try to make us feel less than because of their insecurities. #everyBODYisflawless
I couldn’t have said it better myself. As a plus size woman, I often deal with those same stares, whispers and judgment because I choose to wear things that many people think I shouldn’t. I love high waisted pants, sheer everything and skin tight? Yes please! I have no issue with wearing what I want and my confidence used to be phony. These days, I read the words of women like Gabi, Tess and Nadia and I am inspired to hold my head high and appreciate every dip, curve and lump. Thank you ladies, for being such a vehicle for change. Love you! I am proud to call these ladies my friends.
Check Out This Gallery Of Awesome Plus Size Swimwear You Must Have!
Plus Size Swimwear
1. Mod Cloth Beach Blanket Bingo One Piece $89.99
2. Aye, Aye, Cabin Two Piece $89.99
3. Diva Texture Tankini $115.20
4. White Button Up Cover Up $15.60
5. Roaman's Ruched Strapless Swimsuit $89.99
6. Monif C "Sao Paulo" High-Waisted Plus Size Bikini $148.00
8. Torrid Black Lace Cover Up $38.50
9. Monif C "Barbados" Plunge V Plus Size Swimsuit
10. Crochet V-Neck Crochet Cover Up $19.50
11. "St. Lucia" Beaded Chiffon Cover Up- Black $148
12. Simply Be Beach To Beach Black & White Bikini $50
13. H&M Ruffle Swimsuit
14. Belted Zebra Caftan Cover Up $30
15. Cascading Convertible Cover Up $30
16. Bandeau Convertible Swim Suit with Control $60
17. Evans Tribal Tankini $72