Myeisha Essex is in love with all things pop culture, thanks in large part to her hometown. This Los Angeles native has an encyclopedic knowledge of the entertainment industry and she loves a good trivia game. She received her bachelor’s degree in journalism and media studies from Bennett College for Women and her master's from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. Her work can be found in Sister 2 Sister, Harlem World Magazine, Clutch and on Essence.com. When she's not keeping up with the news or learning Beyonce's latest dance moves, she enjoys watching stand-up comedy on YouTube! Follow her on Instagram @more_about_me
According to reports, Maya Rudolph is starring in her own variety special titled “The Maya Rudolph Show.” The comedy special, scheduled to air on May 19 at 10 p.m., will feature the 41-year-old comedian and a few of her famous friends, including Kristen Bell, Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen, Craig Robinson, Sean Hayes, and Chris Parnell.
Along with an hour of laughs, viewers can look forward to a special performance by Janelle Monáe featuring Raphael Saaddiq as bandleader.
1. You Know You've Thought All Of These Things While On A Bad Date
There's nothing worse than a bad date! When you're not planning your escape route, your mind is probably racing a mile a minute, thinking of what you'd rather be doing, if you have Netflix to watch or putting together outfits for the next day.
Here are a few of those random thoughts that every single girl has likely had while out with a man she's just not that into.
2 of 27
2. I Wasted An Outfit On This. I'm Wearing This Again Tomorrow.
3 of 27
3. This Is The 34th Time He's Complimented Me.
4 of 27
4. The Waiter Is Really Cute. Hey Boo.
5 of 27
5. I Wish I Knew How To Do The Nae Nae.
6 of 27
6. I Wonder How Many Likes I Got On My Latest Instagram Post?
7 of 27
7. OMG Look At That Cute Couple Over There...Everyone Is Having More Fun Than Me.
8 of 27
8. I Bet I Could Take Him, You Know, If It Comes To That
9 of 27
9. No One Cares About Your Hedge Fund. No One.
10 of 27
10. I'm Going To Be Single Forever.
11 of 27
11. Ugh. I Want Ice Cream. Oh Sh*t, I Have Ben & Jerry's In The Freezer.
12 of 27
12. I Luh You Papi...I Luh You Luh You Luh You Papi. Ugh Why Can't I Get This Song Out Of My Head?!
13 of 27
13. I'm Gonna Start A Drinking Game For Everytime He Picks His Nose.
14 of 27
14. Maybe If I Pretend It's All Good, It Won't Be So Bad?
15 of 27
15. I'm Pretty Sure This Is My Last Pair Of Clean Panties. I Should Do Laundry.
16 of 27
16. If He Touches Me, I Will Kill Him.
17 of 27
17. If I Would Have Gotten High First, At Least I Would Have Been High...
18 of 27
18. Maybe I'll Get My BFF To Call Me & Pretend Something Happened...
19 of 27
19. I'm Going To The Gym In The Morning, Just Kidding...I'm Going To Brunch.
20 of 27
20. I Hope I Have Some Bacon At Home. I Want Some Bacon Tonight.
21 of 27
21. I Definitely Should Have Gone To The Gym Tonight.
22 of 27
22. Can't Wait To Get Home, Get A Snack & Watch Netflix
23 of 27
23. That's The Last Time I'll Let A Man Be A Man--I'm Choosing The Restaurant Next Time.
24 of 27
24. I Wonder If I Can Get Him To Pay For My Cab?
25 of 27
25. He's Not Going To Mention His Ex Again...Oh He Mentioned His Ex Again.
26 of 27
26. Oh You Hate When Women Smoke Pot, Do You?
27 of 27
27. I Should Call My Mom.
Continue reading Maya Rudolph Lands Her Very Own Variety Show On NBC!