The holidays are just around the corner and not only are you gearing up for sales and putting together your Christmas list but your best friend’s getting married around the same time. Don’t have the right outfit? Don’t fret! Holiday parties and weddings follow a very similar formula: go glam and super sophisticated.
Turn heads at your friend’s wedding in strong hues like cobalt blue or shine bright in a sequin frock. The key with holiday dressing is going big with your statement pieces. This means having beautiful jewelry, clutches and heels handy. Here are three ideas that I’ve come up with to get you started!
Holiday Wedding Look #1
Make an entrance in a two tone faux fur jacket, sequin Mango bodycon and BCBG strappy heels. Add icing on the cake with a $47 LP by Perfetto clutch, a $68 RJ Graziano crystal earrings from Henri Bendel and a $25 Topshop cuff. End it on a glam tip with a red mani and matching lip.
Holiday Wedding Look #2
Go girly in a satin TopShop dress paired with $187 jeweled Badgley Mischka platforms (on sale!). Take the look to the next level with a $37 TopShop statement necklace and Kotur clutch. Keep with jewel theme going with a purple mani and my new favorite lip stain by Lip Tar.
Holiday Wedding Look #3
Stay dressed to impress in a silk Mango gown and perforated Tibi heels. Add on a stunning Alice + Olivia clutch, a $24 faux fur stole and a Deepa Gurnani statement necklace. Rock a silver mani, bold red lip and neutral eye.
Which is your favorite look? Leave me a comment below.
-Joy Adaeze of JoyLovesFashion.com
Follow Joy’s style adventures on Instagram! @joy_adaeze
1. 50 Killer Looks From King Bey That We're Swooning Over
Beyoncé's one to watch when it comes to style. With her talented stylists, Ty Hunter and Raquel Smith, she's rocked everything from sequin gowns to printed rompers. On and off the stage, here are my top 50 looks from King Bey.
2. Uber chic in black and white.
Shop a similar jumpsuit: http://bit.ly/17UFy5r
3. Flaunting her assets in a shimmery gown.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/1doH47J
4. Giving drama in a black and purple ombré Givenchy.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/1aDjPDl
5. What a stellar statement belt.
Shop one here: http://bit.ly/17zUCIy
6. Shining bright in a glittery mini.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/1doIejy
7. Why stick to just one animal print? Go bold in two!
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/1aMzizP (On sale!)
8. Keeping it cozy in a luxe black fur.
Shop a faux option here: http://bit.ly/1doJjHT
9. Keeping it white hot.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/1jsOSTk
10. ...Or getting fiery with red.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/1aDt46v
11. Clever cutouts.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/1doNLGD
12. Rocking a black and white blouse with white pants.
Shop a similar blouse: http://bit.ly/17UWNDH
13. All black everything, the chic edition.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/1aMI011
14. Accenting her white frock with tons of bling.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/1aMIVyD
15. A bit of ruching to create a flattering silhouette.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/1jsZu4m
16. Elevating her LBD with statement jewelry.
Shop a similar statement piece: http://bit.ly/17UZLrK
17. Adding glitzy gold to your black gown.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/1jt08Pl (On Sale!)
18. Stealing the scene with a printed bodycon.
Shop a similar mini: http://bit.ly/1caGeq4
19. Another black and gold gown to turn heads.
Shop a similar gown:http://bit.ly/17AhM1p
20. Going boho on her day off.
Shop a similar skirt: http://bit.ly/17Ajgc3
21. Pretty in plum.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/17AjzUc
22. Grecian goddess for a day.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/1aMLMYg
23. Taking it to the silver screen.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/17V3fug
24. Saying everything with just statement earrings!
Shop a similar earring: http://bit.ly/1doZo0m
25. Making her back the accent of the evening.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/1aMVLgj
26. Golden and glistening.
Shop a similar gown here: http://bit.ly/1aMVSZe
27. An ode to Blue : )
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/17AEGFY
28. Playful in a printed romper.
Shop a similar romper: http://bit.ly/1cb0rvN
29. Rocking a poppy yellow hue.
Shop a similar color: http://bit.ly/1dpd4s4
30. Mixing a bit of emerald with her orange gown.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/1aMWJJz
31. Standing out with a glittery blazer.
Shop a similar blazer: http://bit.ly/1aMWZIu
32. Ultra flirty in a peplum frock.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/17Vk3Bo
33. Glammed up in a black sequin jumpsuit.
Shop a similar jumpsuit: http://bit.ly/17AIk2y
34. Dreamy in a classic white halter.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/17VkVWO
35. Golden side panels to enhance her simple black gown.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/1aMYXZe
36. Stepping up her plain blazer and jeans with a printed Louboutin.
Shop a similar pump: http://bit.ly/17VmjbU
37. Kicking her casual look up a notch with faux leather leggings.
Shop a similar style: http://bit.ly/1cb7dBQ
38. Rocking nude pumps with a printed romper.
Shop a similar romper: http://bit.ly/17Vocp1
39. Fresh to death with a crisp white blazer.
Shop a similar look: http://bit.ly/1aEbH5k
40. Printed boots!!!
Shop a similar style: http://bit.ly/1cb94GU
41. Edgy in leather shorts.
Shop a similar pair: http://bit.ly/17VpBfn
42. Model behavior, shorts and a blazer with heels.
Shop a similar pump: http://bit.ly/1aEemvP
43. Legs and leather
Shop a similar boot: http://bit.ly/1cbcIk3
44. Sleek leather jacket always slay
Shop a similar option: http://bit.ly/1jtrswU
45. Spark envy in a green dress.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/17AX9lS
46. Chic in a fiery hot gown.
Shop a similar gown: http://bit.ly/1jtssRJ
47. Cute and colorful in a printed mini.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/1aElKrd
48. Flaunting her curves in a glittery blue jumpsuit.
Shop a similar jumpsuit: http://bit.ly/1dprdWd
49. Show a 'lil skin with sheer panels.
Shop a similar dress: http://bit.ly/1aN8Zd2
50. Keeping it cool in a loose tank and jeans.
Shop a similar tank: http://bit.ly/1aN98Nz
51. Short shorts are a wardrobe staple.
Shop a similar pair: http://bit.ly/1aN9mEt