Solange Knowles is unstoppable these days. Just weeks after dropping Saint Heron, a compilation of her favorite R&B records and the first release on her independent label Saint Records, the mother and always-dressed-to-kill fashionista announces her new partnership with Puma!
The 27-year-old starlet debuted her latest venture with the elite athletic footwear brand on her Instagram account today. Along with serving as creative consultant, she revealed she’ll also work as the new art director.
“After years of art directing my own projects and visuals, including music videos, photo shoots, album artwork and web content among many others, I am extremely excited to announce that I am now able to apply my passion for all things design into my new roll as an Art Director for the iconic PUMA,” she wrote. “It is in my new role that I am able to express my love for not only design but the conception of creative ideas, and the execution of them by curating amazingly talented teams. I’ve had so much fun producing special content, ad campaigns, events, and working alongside the awesome Puma team with some of my favorite emerging artists, photographers, graphic designers to create activations that really celebrates both mine and PUMA’s approach and philosophies.”
She went on to thank all of the designers she collaborated with to make this dream come true. “Over the summer, I paired four incredible designers (GERLAN, WILLIAM OKPO, HISHAM BAROOCHA) to interpret a personal favorite of mine, the classic Puma Disc,” she shared. “Each designer incorporated and infused it with their own distinctive aesthetic to present our collection, “GIRLS OF BLAZE”, inspired by the sights and sounds of Brazil.”
“I couldn’t be more excited about the results” she added. “The shit is wild, and come February I hope you will be just as in love as I am. This has been a dream job, and the ride has just begun!”
This isn’t Solange’s first rodeo in the fashion world. In 2012, she become the face of Madewell’s autumn/winter 2012-13 campaign.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery
1. 50 Killer Looks Starring Solange
To understand Solange Knowles means that you know fashion. You know that it's fresh and vibrant, and sometimes weird. You know that it's daring and revealing, but can often be subtle and calm. Solange is no longer just Beyonce's stylish little sister. Following in the footsteps of Diana and Cher, Solange is rocking out to her own beat and I love it. But there's 15 killer looks that I am completely swooning over!
2. Solange at the Opening Ceremony And 'The Great Gatsby' Premiere
Here's where everyone began checking for Beyonce's baby sis.
3. Solange attends the Costume Institute Gala for the "PUNK: Chaos to Couture" exhibition
Her infamous fro that everyone almost believed was hers.
4. Solange Knowles attends the Pre-Met Ball screening of "The Great Gatsby" at The Museum of Modern Art
Before we all know that stripes were in, Solange was setting the bar for what the trend should feel like.
5. Solange Knowles at The 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Giving us an Angelina leg covered in color!
6. Solange Knowles attends the 2011 Angel Ball To Benefit Gabrielle's Angel Foundation
I bet you forgot how amazing white could look, huh!
7. Solange at the "Beyonce: Life Is But A Dream" New York Premiere
Even when she ditches her slacks, she looks breathtaking!
8. Solange Knowles attends the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar party
9. Solange Knowles attends the HBO "Girls" season 2 premiere
Wondering why everyone is wearing head-to-toe prints, we can all thank Solange!
10. Solange Knowles attends Ermenegildo Zegna "Essenze" Collection Launch event
Chic yet simple!
11. Solange Knowles attends the Absolut Tune Launch Party at The Top of The Standard
Olivia Pope knows nothing about this!
12. Solange Knowles attends American Ballet Theatre Opening Night Fall New York City Center Gala
But do you peep those heels?!
13. Solange Knowles attends amfAR Milano 2012 during Milan Fashion Week at La Permanente
Serving superhero realness. I'm still waiting for her to fly away.
14. Solange Knowles attends the Angel Ball 2012 at Cipriani Wall Street
I just want Solange to reorganize my closet.
15. Solange Knowles attend 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards at Alice Tully Hall
And add this one in my size...
16. Solange Knowles attends the "Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations" Costume Institute Gala
And I would totes squeeze into this one.
17. Solange Knowles attends 6th Annual DKMS Linked Against Blood Cancer Gala
Taking a que from her big sis with the accented waist and hip on this dress. I think she forgot her makeup though?
18. Solange Knowles attends the Splendid Soho Store Opening Hosted By Dylan Lauren
Every girl should have own a funky clutch. It will bring life to any look.
19. Solange Knowles attends the Tribeca Ball 2012
Perfecting the mixed print trend.
20. Solange Knowles poses for a portrait backstage at 2012 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival
Let's start a petition to get Solange to teach a class on posing!