Christmas is almost here and in this season of giving I am sure you have already tagged a strip mall or two securing gifts for your friends and family. The list may be long or short this year, but I encourage you to add one more name to it…yours! Give yourself the ultimate gift this holiday season: a healthy and strong body. Don’t worry, this gift doesn’t require swiping your AmEx. It’s free. From me to you.
Try this workout using one of those (heavier) gifts you bought and skip the gym once or twice this week. P.S. Feel free to regift this one!
The Closet Burner
I love how this exercise secretly tones your whole body all in one move. Pretend like you are reorganizing the top shelves of your closet and instantly feel the burn.
- Start standing with hips slightly wider than hip width and your “gift box” approximately six inches from your feet.
- Squat down as if you are sitting in a chair that is far away from you and low to the ground (can use an actual chair as a target if needed) and extend your arms fully in order to pick up the box.
- Tighten your core and power through your legs as you return to standing with the “gift box” pulled in close to your chest.
- Then tighten your core again and raise up on your tippy toes as you stretch the box overhead…as if you are putting it in a very high shelf.
- Reverse the order and repeat. Try doing as many as you can in one minute.
The Swivel Trimmer
Create that hourglass midsection and tighten your buns with an exercise that is easy and fun.
- Start standing, legs together and your “gift box” directly in front of your chest.
- Lunge forward with your right leg without letting your knee pass the ankle.
- Both legs should make 90 degree angles and be sure to not lean forward. At the same time press the “gift box” directly in front of you. Shoulder height.
- Hold the lunge and rotate to the right.
- Reverse the movement and repeat on your left side. Continue to alternate legs for 1 minute.
The “I’ll Pass…”
Sometimes when it comes to working the core people say, “I’ll pass…” And to that I say…”Yes, you will. You’ll pass this gift box back and forth. Now lie down.” This one is definitely my faves and of course, super fun!
*To make this easier omit the extension and just return to table top position and place and remove the “gift box” as you crunch.
- Lie on your back with your legs in a tabletop position (knees stacked over your hips, heels in line with your knees and parallel to the ground).
- Start by holding the “gift box” on top of your chest/core.
- Then crunch up and place your “gift box” on top of your shins (don’t let the heels drop).
- Return your upper body to the floor while simultaneously extending your arms and “gift box” overhead, and your legs away from your body.
- Continue passing the “gift box” for one minute.
More Ways To Survive The Holidays:
Listen To This Playlist While Working Out With Your Gift Box:
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Celebs Tweet Their Thoughts About #JusticeForSandraBland
1. Jesse Williams
#SandraBland's treatment while attempting to travel freely on HER public roadways has been acknowledged as unlawful. She is already dead.
2. Taraji P. Henson
"SAY HER NAME #SandraBland"
3. Ava DuVernay
"'Why are you arresting me?' Because you know your rights. Because I can. Because no one'll believe you. #SandraBland"
4. Kim Kardashian
#WhatHappenedToSandraBland We need answers!!!! This is NOT ok! This is all shady! They need to own up to this & tell the truth!
5. Jussie Smollet
"A loss 4 words. #SandraBlandMatters #BlackLivesMatter 👈🏿tell me this should change once the nation shows that we do. "
6. Snoop Dogg
🙏🌹. Sandra. Rip. 🌹🌹
7. K. Michelle
R.I.P to this queen. This could've been any of us. My prayers go out to her family. #sandrabland https://instagram.com/p/5fvlO_AhCf/
8. Gabrielle Union
SAY HER NAME!!! #SandraBland #SandraBland #SandraBland #SayHerName
"We must get to the cause of #sandrabland death because this CANNOT happen again #deathorfreedom"
10. David Banner
"When will we fight back. A man's duty on earth is to protect women and children. Where are the gangsters? Preachers? We need you. Please."
11. Nicki Minaj
"Rest In Peace #SandraBland"
12. Talib Kweli
"We the people ask @LorettaLynch to investigate #SandraBland #KimberleeRandleKing RETWEET "
Signs. Signs. Signs all around us. The Message is Here. #SandraBland
14. Missy Elliot
"When I look at the #SandraBland traffic video it brings so many emotions😳😢😡😡😤!"
15. Jessie J
"God bless your soul Sandra | #sandrabland | Change needs to come |Justice needs to be served | Heart… https://instagram.com/p/5fV79mQ0aw/ "
16. Jackee Harry
"It's time y'all, it's time.." #SandraBland #BlackLivesMatter
"In memory of #SandraBland these things don't make no kinda sense "
18. Holly Robinson Peete
I really don't look forward to having ANOTHER difficult conversation w my kids tonight...but here we go again😧💔 #SandraBland #SayHerName 😢
19. Jeffrey White
Sadly, doesn't matter by whose hand she died. Unjustified arrested set the outcome in motion. The state murdered her. #JusticeForSandraBland
Sandra could have been your mother, sister, aunt, friend or if she wasn't killed the community outreach advisor A&M. #SandraBland
21. Joan Smalls
"My heart is broken. Sending my deepest condolence to her family and friends. May you find Strength, Peace and Justice. When will this stop? #EqualityForAll #RIP #Why #SayHerName
22. Gladys Knight
Sandra Bland.... #SayHerName #SandraBland
23. Cara Delevigne
Things need to change NOW #SANDRABLAND #Justice #Equality
24. Meek Mill
"Rip to that young lady that lost her life about a traffic stop! 🙏 ima make sure I pray for her and her family! 🙏😄😄😄"