I can barely stop my fingers from shaking. The 2012 Presidential Election was nerve-racking to say the least, but President Obama brought home the gold! We have officially re-elected President Obama in his second term. And while that deserves a celebration, there are women who are also running things in United States.
According to Huffington Post, there are currently a record number of 17 female U.S. senators! And there’s reports that there will be 20 out of 100 in the 113th Congress. Girls really are running the world!
Follow HelloBeautiful On Twitter!
Check out this list of women who won–including the first ever openly gay female senator (Tammy Baldwin)!
1. Elizabeth Warren (Democrat-Mass.)
2. Claire McCaskill (Democrat-Missouri)
3. Debbie Stabenow (Democrat-Michigan)
4. Kathleen Kane (Democrat-Attorney General)
5. Mazie Hirono (Democrat-Hawaii)
6. Dianne Feinstein (Democrat-California)
7. Amy Klobuchar (Democrat-Minnesota)
8. Maria Cantwell (Democrat-Washington)
9. Maggie Hassan (Democrat-New Hampshire Governor)
10. Tammy Baldwin (Democrat-Wisconsin)
11. Deb Fischer(Republican-Nebraska)
12. Kirsten Gillibrand (Democrat-New York)
13. Tammy Duckworth (Democrat-Illinois)
14. Heidi Heitkamp (Democrat-North Dakota)
More On The Election:
Check Out This Playlist Of Girls Who Run The World!