Here is a way to clean up your nails at home and get yourself looking like you have just left the salon:
1) Removing any old polish with acetone polish remover and a cotton ball. A cotton ball holds up much better than tissue and will not fall apart causing you to waste more remover than needed.
2) Clip and file your nails to their desired length. Choose a round or square shape and try to keep all nails around the same length.
3) Soak your hands or feet in a bowl of warm water for about five minutes, add some liquid soap to help soften up nails and cuticles. Be sure the water is not too hot because this will actually end up drying out your hands. When you are finished soaking, apply a cuticle cream over the bottom of the nails to soften any rough spots.
4) Push back cuticles off your nail bed so they are out of the way for polishing. If you are used to a self-manicure and want nails to look great you can also cut back your cuticles if you feel comfortable doing so. Afterward clean and exfoliate hands with a scrub or homemade mixture of your choice, then wash it off.
5) Dry hands and apply the best lotion you have around the house. Make sure nails are wiped clean from any lotion and you are ready to polish. Apply a base coat first then two thin coats of polish. Let it dry then finish with a topcoat to help protect nails. If you are a little messy with the color, you don’t have to start all over again, just grab a Q-Tip and use nail polish to clean up skin around the nails.
ione-gallery id=”188121″ src=”http://hellobeautiful.com”%5D