The backstage vibe at alice + olivia by Stacy Bendet was crazy. With simultaneously-held interviews happening throughout, the models were runway ready and picture perfect, the sound of camera shutters going off every few seconds – each with the secret hope that it will capture a worthy fashion week moment to the unending streams of people bustling about.
MUST READ: The Best Of New York Fashion Week 2013
The designs for Alice + Olivia’s Spring collection are described as a nod to the 1950′s. A flirty, fun woman with tons of energy to burn. The lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel, Benjamin Mohapi, thought a low, voluminous ponytail would be appropo. He used Fresh Dust Dry Shampoo to create texture and volume, a sculpting pomade Homme Styling Mat to mattify the hair, and Infinium 3 Hairspray to hold the look in place.
The makeup look of a show is just as important as the clothing themselves. The hefty responsibility of designing that look fell squarely on the shoulders of lead makeup artist Sarah Lucero for Stila Cosmetics.
Inspiration: Stacey Bendet’s Spring 2013 collection for alice + olivia was the uplifting American optimism of the late 1950’s.
- Face: Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer ($44)
- Eyes: Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner in Intense Black and Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner in Periwinkle (Spring 2013) OR Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner in Snow (models sported two different eye looks)
- Cheeks: Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera ($25)
- Lips: Stila Color Balm Lipstick (Spring 2013)
- Finishing Touches: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara , Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color and Ardell Lashes
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Fashion Week Trends!