Name: Dr. Gloria Mayfield Banks
Title: Motivational Success Strategist
Education: MBA, Harvard University
Honorary Doctorate, Public Service & Humane Letters, University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Previous Job Experience: IBM and Elite Executive National Sales Director, Mary Kay Cosmetics
Dr. Gloria Mayfield Banks is considered by many as a “Motivational Success Strategist” who has earned an MBA from Harvard University, and holds an honorary doctorate in Public Service & Humane Letters from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. Prior to her transition into life and career coaching, Gloria worked for IBM and joined Mary Kay Cosmetics in 1988 as a single mother of 2, where she began her record-breaking ascent to Elite Executive National Sales Director. Since January 2007, Gloria has trained thousands of career professionals, both nationally and internationally in the U.S., China, Russia, Mexico, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Kazakhstan, and most recently in Brazil. Though she is heralded in her field, Gloria overcame dyslexia, domestic violence, and a painful divorce to obtain her MBA from Harvard and become a multi-millionaire entrepreneur.
Her latest venture, “What It Takes,” an online series of professional development classes for the aspiring business leaders and entrepreneurs, launched March 1, 2014 and focuses on effectively addressing key leadership skills and helping participants develop success-oriented mindsets. “I love being a role model for others because I know it can be difficult to get motivated and see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will never forget fighting to lift myself up to find my way. My goals is to give other aspiring leaders guidance and motivation, so they don’t have to re-invent the wheel”, says Gloria. Her enthusiasm is contagious and her message is strong. “Success is a choice that once committed to, can be achieved!”
To help reiterate her stance on strategies that are positive and purpose driven, Gloria suggests the following for those looking to get ahead:
- Become a people magnet. The more people feel good about being in your space, the more effective you will be.
- Create short-term, clear strategic goals backed by thinking big. Begin with a dream, then work hard to make it come true.
- Assemble a powerful circle of influence. Show me your friends and I will show you your future.
- Work the numbers. Opportunities are endless but fear of rejection often keeps us from asking or offering.
- Study hard to become skill based. Prepare and seek detailed understanding.
She is currently married to Kenneth R. Banks, has four children and resides in Baltimore, MD.
For more information about Dr. Banks, please visit her website at www.gloriamayfieldbanks.com.
Check Out This Gallery Of Strong & Successful Black Women:
Successful African American Women
1. Successful African American Women 
2. Successful African American Women 
3. Successful African American Women 
4. Successful African American Women