It looks like Sherri Shepherd has two custody battles on her hands. The first one comes from her estranged husband Lamar Sally, who is fighting for full legal custody to their unborn child, and the second is from her ex-hubby Jeffrey Tarpley, who now wants physical custody of their 9-year-old son Jeffrey Jr.
According to reports, Tarpley recently filed an emergency request to modify their current parenting arrangement. In his legal documents he states that “The View” co-host is a workaholic and it’s caused her to neglect their special needs son. “Jeffrey claims Sherri regularly leaves their son with ‘unskilled nannies’ … as a result, he’s falling way behind in school, suffers from low self-esteem, and has to use Velcro shoes because he can’t tie laces,” TMZ reports. He adds Sherri hasn’t taught the boy how to properly clean himself so hygiene is also an issue.
He’s asking the court to allow Jeffrey Jr. to relocate from New Jersey to California, where he can raise him full time. In response, Sherri says Jeffrey is an absentee dad who deserves no part in her son’s life.
The judge denied the emergency request but scheduled a hearing for July.
Wow. I guess the saying is true: when it rains, it pours.
Check Out This Gallery
Celebrity Custody Battles
1. 1. Dwyane Wade was awarded sole custody of his two sons following a bitter custody battle with ex-wife Siohvaughn Wade. (AP)
2. 2. It appears that Usher has finally won custody of his two sons although Tameka will have some custodial rights. (AP)
3. 3. Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry reached a custody agreement in April of 2011. Now she wants to take Nahla to live in France.
4. 4. Britney Spears was ordered by a judge to relinquish custody of her kids to K-Fed in 2007. They now share the boys. (AP)
5. 5. Michael Dell tried to get full custody of his daughter with Padma Lakshmi. They equally share the custody now. (AP)
6. 6. Rowe tried to get visitation rights after giving up all rights to the children. Eventually, she got $$$ & he got the kids.
7. 7. After Anna Nicole died, Larry Birkhead & Howard K. Stern both claimed to be the father of Dannilyn. (Photo:AP)
8. 8. Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva were in a long and bitter custody battle over their daugher. They now share custody. (AP)
9. 9. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills’ divorce was long and bitter but in the end, the judge gave them joint custody. (AP)