Could Apollo Nida be headed back to lockup? Well, if the prison sentence of his co-conspirator Gayla St. Julien means anything, the answer may be yes.
According to reports, St. Julien pled guilty to conspiracy to commit mail, wire and bank fraud and aggravated identity theft, the same crimes charged against Apollo. On Wednesday, she was sentenced to 61 months in prison by a U.S. District Court.
MUST READ: Apollo Close To Plea Deal
According to The Atlanta Journal Constitution, “St. Julien, ‘described herself as NIDA’s ‘right hand b****’ in executing the legwork of his fraud schemes,’ wrote Alexandre Herrera, a U.S. Secret Service Agent in the Counterfeit and U.S. Treasury Check Squad. She told Herrara she received “scraps” compared to how much Nida pocketed.”
Check out all the details:
According to the updated complaint filed this past Monday, Nida created two fake collection agencies to gain access to databases “in order to obtain unlimited access to the personal identifiers of others.”
Allegedly, he then:
– rented dozens of mailboxes at UPS stores and other places under various aliases, including the names of identity theft victims.
– created counterfeit drivers’ licenses and other ID, applied for and received unclaimed funds from state governments impersonating the true owners.
– applied and received refunds due former homeowners from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
– purchased checks, including U.S. Treasury checks, from others knowing they were stolen and fraudulently obtained.
– created fake auto dealerships to obtain auto loan approvals using stolen identities.
– opened personal and business accounts at financial institutions using stolen identities to launder stolen and fraudulently obtained proceeds.
St. Julien, who was arrested September 11, 2013, confessed everything to investigators. A few days after her arrest, she set up a meeting with Nida where Secret Service agents confiscated his cell phone and computer. The rest, as they say, is history.
Phaedra Parks‘ husband is currently in talks with feds in hopes of reaching a plea deal. Keep on negotiating Apollo because this does not look good!
Check Out This Gallery
“Real Housewives of Atlanta” Through the Seasons
1. 1. Cast member NeNe Leakes. (Photo: EURweb)
2. 2. Cast member Cynthia Bailey and husband, Peter Thomas (Photo: Retna)
3. 3. Cast member Kim Zolciak. (Photo: Retna)
4. 4. Phaedra Parks (left), Sheree Whitfield (right) and guest. (Photo: Retna)
5. 5. “Real Housewives of Atlanta” cast member Sheree Whitfield. (Photo: Retna)
6. 6. Cast member NeNe Leakes. (Photo: Retna)