Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition caused by an overproduction of pigmentation by the skin cells which leaves dark spots on the surface of your skin. It’s one of the most common skin conditions for African-American women, and is one of the most difficult to treat. It can occur anywhere on your body and is usually caused by excessive sun exposure, injuries or burns, post-acne scars, side-effect of medication, aging, and the use of birth control pills.
MUST READ: IMAN BB Crème GIVEAWAY
Although it is most common in middle-aged adults, hyperpigmentation can also attack much younger skin. The awesome news is that you can reduce hyperpigmentation with the proper skin care regimen.
1. Cleanse your skin daily with a gentle exfoliating cleanser designed to even skin tone. To reveal your healthiest complexion, properly exfoliate the skin and massage the exfoliating cleanser in a circular motion.
2. Close your pores with a skin toner. For a natural toner, take a cotton ball full of Aloe vera juice and apply it directly to the troubled area. Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce redness and skin irritation.
3. Using a cotton swab, apply pure vitamin E oil to the hyperpigmentation twice a day. This will also work on those pesky fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Use a skin lightener or fade cream to reduce the hyperpigmentation. Shea butter is a natural alternative to hydroquinone, which is a chemical used in fade creams.
5. Makeup is quick temporary solution to hyperpigmentation but can be the most effective. Products like the new IMAN BB Crème are especially made for women of color and will significantly reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
As a bonus, be sure to enter our contest for your chance to win your shade of IMAN BB Crème.
1. Make Your Lips Pop Like Your Fave Celebs
I know you beauties are dying to know what goodies the celebrities have in their Prada bag, right! #TeamBeautiful hit the streets and asked your favorite celebrities to tell us what's in their bag. Gabrielle Union, Naomie Harris, and Jurnee Smollet all said they couldn't werk the red carpet without their lipgloss. Here's the scoop on how you snatch their favorite glosses!
2. Covergirl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers Lipgloss ($4.84)
Shop it here: http://bit.ly/13S5UCj
3. Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lipgloss ($6.98)
Shop it here: http://bit.ly/VLH1Ia
4. Infallible Coral Sands 405 Lip Gloss ($8.47)
Shop it here: http://bit.ly/13gB5Ma
5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss ($5.94)
Shop it here: http://bit.ly/Yyv1qn
6. Rimmel Stay Glossy Lipgloss ($3.97)
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Style And Beauty Trends