Delectable Brown Sugar Honey Baked Ham Recipe From #TeamBeautiful’s Allison McGevna
Impress your family this Thanksgiving with Allison's amazing brown sugar ham recipe.
Posted November 22, 2016
I write what I like. Follow my trail of stories through photos on IG @KeyairaKelly
- Preparation: 30 m
- Cook Time: 2 h
- Total: 3 h
- 8-10lb Bone-In, fully cooked ham (spiral sliced is ideal, but unsliced will work as well)
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 jars of halved pears in juice (not syrup)
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees (If using a pre-cooked ham, heat to 300)
2. If your ham is spiral sliced, skip this step. If not, make diagonal cuts in an X pattern across the top of your ham (approx 1 inch apart). This will help your glaze reach the inside of your ham.
3. Place the ham cut side down (or fat side up) into a roasting pan. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
4. While your ham is baking, combine the brown sugar, honey, apple cider vinegar, pepper, paprika and pears into a small to medium saucepan. Over medium heat, bring the ingredients to a boil and allow to cook for up to 5 minutes. You will know it's done when your sugar has completely dissolved. Do not overcook. Remove from heat.
5. Remove your ham from the oven and pour the glaze mixture onto your ham, making sure to coat evenly. Make sure to allow glaze to get in between spiral cuts of your ham.
6. Cover again and cook for another 1-1.5 hours, depending on the size of your ham. Baste your ham every 30 minutes. In the last 15 minutes, remove the foil from your ham.
7. When the internal temperature of your ham is 160 degrees, your ham is done. (Expert tip -- Make sure not to put your thermometer too close to the bone as that will give an incorrect reading.)
8. Wait at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Now go enjoy that food with pride, knowing you just slayed that ham and your holiday,
Allison McGevna, Editorial Director