Festival + hair = Curlfest! On Sunday, June 16, the best of natural hair showed up and showed out with their Afros, curls, twist-outs, and beards to enjoy dance-offs, music, games, live demos, and more. See #TeamBeautiful’s picks for standout style!
1. Andrea ThomasSource:The Werk! Place
Andrea shows us that a simple well-designed maxi will do the trick! #werk
2. Raye 6 & Niki Zoe VickersSource:The Werk! Place
Accessorized! These ladies really stole the show with their vintage fans and parasol.
3. StuylinSource:The Werk! Place
There were a few fellas present this year at Curlfest and they did not come to play with you people!
4. Jayne MitchellSource:The Werk! Place
It’s all in the details, folks. The shoulders on this romper took it to the next level!
5.Source:The Werk! Place
Pose for the camera! Now, click click click! This cutie stole our hearts by rocking her natural curls with her little printed sundress.
6. Dayna BoldenSource:The Werk! Place
This beauty rocked it with a printed romper and statement necklace.
7. Michaela Angela DavisSource:The Werk! Place
The writer won in this printed maxi!
8. Malika GiddensSource:The Werk! Place
Co-ord sets are perfect for an outdoor lituation. This beauty rocked all Black designers! The co-ord set: Fanm Danm | Crown: Rachel Stewart Jewelry | Earrings: The Wrap Life | Ring: Sweet Yaharah
9. Hadiiya BarbelSource:The Werk! Place
Talk about creative! Hadiiya, creator of ARAYA, came through with the art form with this custom made floral wig.
10. Ammar Thomas & Sean MayersSource:The Werk! Place
You can’t go wrong with a clean all-white look and the overalls with the pop of red on the feet were simple yet effective!