1. 11 Magazines From 2013 We Refuse To Get Rid Of
With less than two weeks left in 2013, my house is currently in purge mode. The fridge, the closet, the pantry–oh and our magazine collection. I promised the boo that I wouldn’t hoard anything going into 2014. But I can’t lie. There’s a few magazines that I will not be parting with this year. Here are 11 magazine covers that I’ll be saving for the next decade (or two)!
2. Kerry Washington ELLE Magazine June 2013
Olivia Pope literally took over my 2013. Oh and then there’s Kerry Washington. She’s sorta kinda awesome too!
3. Idris Elba GQ Magazine October 2013
The day will come when he will realize that we are might to be–said every girl in the world!
4. Beyonce GQ Magazine February 2013
We should have all seen Beyonce’s transformation into Yonce coming with the February GQ cover baring all things great and fit!
5. Solange Fader Magazine February 2013
Beyonce’s sister was certainly no slouch and did not go unnoticed. She gave the world a dope album, performed at every festival she could, and of course maintained her status as our favorite curlfriend.
6. Ciara Paper Magazine September 2013 Issue
Gosh I love Ciara. And whether or not she’ll actually become the next Aaliyah (if that’s a real thing to be) her modeling career in 2014 is bound to be… thebomb.com!
7. Naomi Campbell Numero Magazine March 2013 Issue
Although we are still bowing down to Beyonce–Naomi is the original Queen. She come out blazing in early 2013, letting us know she was over 40 and fabulous! (wait is she 50 yet?)
8. Michelle Obama VOGUE Magazine April 2013 Issue
FLOTUS (insert screams here)! VOGUE rarely shows love to us brown girls but there’s one beauty they could not deny.
9. Rihanna Complex Magazine February/March 2013 Issue
Bad girl RiRi nearly took Beyonce out as celeb of the year. With several magazine covers, this seven cover masterpiece being my favorite, Rihanna made sure we forgot that perhaps she missed a few notes. #Shrugs
10. Oprah O Magazine September 2013 Issue
Mama O brought out seven bags of gorgeous frolicious hair for her September Issue. As if her being on the cover of her own magazine EVERY month isn’t already awesome enough.
11. Solange Complex Magazine June/July 2013 Issue
Proving once again that she was more than just the sister to the biggest superstar in the world. Ahem, that title is pretty dope though!