Between a wrecked Motown Tribute and the Academy cutting Drake’s mic after his dismissive Grammy commentary, the 61st annual award show was a mixed bag of highs and lows. Though, one individual remained unscathed by it all – so much so, taking a phone call in the middle of the show. Rhonda Ross, daughter of Diana Ross and Berry Gordy was caught on camera chopping it up.
1. Ross quickly became a meme.
Yes, I have. She is Rhonda Ross Kendrick, the daughter of Barry Gordy and Diana Ross. pic.twitter.com/k9heTzYb9m— Deesa (#BidenHarris2020 #VoteBlue #Dems4USA) (@DeesaRoberts) February 11, 2019
2. Some saw it as a power move
3. Others praised her for careful color coordination.
4. Though some questioned whether the academy was calling her out.
5. While others tried to shame her.
6. But a Queen can’t be bothered when expected to sit through the garbage-of-a-Motown-tribute.
Check out Rhonda Ross (daughter of Barry Gordy and Diana Ross) on the phone while JLo preformed! I can imagine her convo: "I can't believe they're disrespecting my parents w/this bullsh•t!"😂😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/OJG8AVkcJ1— THE Twin & Hubs!💛🐝🌈✊🏾🇺🇸 (@CLE_SHONUFF) February 11, 2019