Between a wrecked Motown Tribute and the Academy cutting Drake’s mic after his dismissive Grammy commentary, the 61st annual award show was a mixed bag of highs and lows. Though, one individual remained unscathed by it all – so much so, taking a phone call in the middle of the show. Rhonda Ross, daughter of Diana Ross and Berry Gordy was caught on camera chopping it up.
1. Ross quickly became a meme.
2. Some saw it as a power move
3. Others praised her for careful color coordination.
4. Though some questioned whether the academy was calling her out.
5. While others tried to shame her.
6. But a Queen can’t be bothered when expected to sit through the garbage-of-a-Motown-tribute.
7. She probably had important work to attend to.
8. Or maybe not. But, for a lot of us, Rhonda Ross was us! Bored.
9. However, she can do what she wants. She is the daughter of a diva after all.
These Realty TV Favorites Are Joining The Cast Of Zeus Network's 'Baddies East'
How To: Give It To Him Like You Mean It
Coi Leray Does The Big Chop And We're In Love
Steve Harvey Pays Emotional Tribute To Wife Marjorie At TheGrio Awards: 'I Appreciate You Riding With Me'
Angela Simmons Looks Like Money On Stage With Yo Gotti During A D.C. Stop Of The 'Gangsta Art Tour'
Tia Mowry Dishes On Affordable Holiday Hosting Ideas, Holiday Favs, And More
Usher Gets Emotional During Final Las Vegas Residency Show
Get To Know Mehgan James And The Entire Cast Of VH1's 'Basketball Wives Orlando'