1. 2015 OscarsSource:Getty Images
Ava DuVernay was on trend for the Academy Awards in the night’s biggest color: baby blue. She wore an ethereal light gown with embellishment on the neckline and flared sleeves.
2. Essence Women in Hollywood LuncheonSource:Getty Images
The “Selma” director often embraces vibrant prints like this paisley green dress she wore to Essence Black Women in Hollywood luncheon.
3. Selma Berlin PremiereSource:Getty Images
The Long Beach native wowed at the Selma Berlin premiere in a weeping ball gown with a black, white and red printed skirt and a black cape draped over her shoulders.
4. Selma Screening at the AFI FestSource:Getty Images
The “Middle of Nowhere” director looked as stylish as ever in a printed long-sleeve midi dress at the Selma screening at the AFI Fest.
5. 46th NAACP Image AwardsSource:Getty Images
Always ready to make a bold statement on the red carpet, Ava dazzled in a silver long sleeve gown with a cascading hem at the 46th NAACP Image Awards.
6. Palm Springs Film Festival Awards GalaSource:Getty Images
Ms. DuVernay loves to show off her gorgeous figure in a Carmen Marc Valvo fitted gown a the 26th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala.
7. Palm Springs Festival Opening GalaSource:Getty Images
She continued her trend of voluminous ball gowns in a metallic printed dress and cream cardigan at the Palm Springs Film Festival opening ceremony.
8. The Contenders Deadline EventSource:Getty Images
The UCLA grad had fun mixing prints at the Contenders Deadline Event, pairing a black and white stripe skirt with a floral print top.
9. Film Independent Spirit AwardsSource:Getty Images
Ava stole the show at the 2015 Film Independent Spirit Awards in a spectacular colorful ball gown paired with a purple blazer.
10. ICG Publicists AwardsSource:Getty Images
The first black director nominated for a Golden Globe award, Ava played up her love of color with a printed dress and matching pumps.
11. Selma European PremiereSource:Getty Images
When Ava wants to stun on the red carpet, she goes for a sweeping silhouette and a muted color palette like her stunning black and beige gown at the Selma European premiere.
12. Selma Berlin PhotocallSource:Getty Images
Even at her more casual red carpet events, the accomplished director doesn’t shy away from flared silhouettes or prints. She rocked both at the Selma Berlin photocall with a blue, white and black patterned pleated skirt.
13. Selma New York PremiereSource:Getty Images
The former publicist turned heads on the red carpet at the Selma New York premiere in a red fitted floor-length gown and her signature updo.
14. Ebony Magazine 2014 Power 100 List CelebrationSource:Getty Images
A fan of retro silhouettes, Ava’s full black skirt and soft beige blouse look was an homage to the ’50s at the Ebony Magazine 2014 Power 100 List Celebration.
15. “Selma” And The Legends Who Paved The Way GalaSource:Getty Images
Never one to shy away from color, Ava embraced purple, pink, white and black hues in her look for the “Selma” And The Legends Who Paved The Way Gala in California.
How To: Give It To Him Like You Mean It
These Realty TV Favorites Are Joining The Cast Of Zeus Network's 'Baddies East'
Coi Leray Does The Big Chop And We're In Love
Steve Harvey Pays Emotional Tribute To Wife Marjorie At TheGrio Awards: 'I Appreciate You Riding With Me'
Tia Mowry Dishes On Affordable Holiday Hosting Ideas, Holiday Favs, And More
Angela Simmons Looks Like Money On Stage With Yo Gotti During A D.C. Stop Of The 'Gangsta Art Tour'
Usher Gets Emotional During Final Las Vegas Residency Show
Shaunie O'Neal Is Officially Engaged To Her Boyfriend Pastor Keion Henderson