HelloBeautiful.com is the place where Black women go to talk about themselves shamelessly.
We want to hear your stories. We’re looking for women who want to share their experiences in an honest, unfiltered way, in the safe community of your girlfriends here at HelloBeautiful. No topic is too personal, no point of view is taboo. #TeamBeautiful is a group of women who believe that we are wholly “fabulous and flawed” and we celebrate that truth. We share, confess, indulge, encourage each other — while indulging our guilty pleasures.
These are the types of stories we love to share with our readers:
- #SorryNotSorry – Do you tend to have opinions that go against the grain? When everyone is raving about Cronuts, do you actually hate them? We love to hear your thoughts on polarizing topics — do you dare to not like Beyonce or absolutely hate Being Mary Jane? Tell us about it.
- In Real Life – First person accounts of funny, bizarre, awkward, intense, enlightening or incredible experiences that you’ve had.
- Chick Chat – Girl talk, please! We want to know about your dating stories, friendship evolutions, roommate drama, crazy wedding trips, mother daughter complications, etc.
- Tried It! – Do waist trainers actually work? We want you to try it for us and tell us about it. We also want to know about trapeze work out classes, eating raw food for a month, or wearing full make-up to the grocery store, we want to hear about it.
- HelloWorld – Are you a jet-setter, exploring the world and taking Instagram by storm? We want to hear about your global travel stories, particularly stories about destinations in the Diaspora. Be our tour guide, tell us where to go, where to eat, what to do and where to stay.
- Body By Beautiful – Are you on a weight loss mission? Have you had success. Tell us about your body image triumphs or concerns.
- Beautiful This Week – We love to see real women looking great in their real clothes in their own element. Send us your pics to nominate yourself for our new weekly photo feature.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
A few pitch tips:
We only accept pieces that haven’t been published elsewhere, and of course, you should be familiar with the site and tone of HelloBeautiful.com.
If you’re interested in pitching content outside of the franchises listed above, please know that we will strongly consider editorials and think pieces that are relevant to pop culture, news and women’s issues globally, particularly within the diaspora.
We prefer to see full drafts before committing to running your piece. Please copy and paste your text into the body of the email as attachments can sometimes be problematic.
If you don’t have a full draft ready please send us your story idea, including a topical headline and a brief description of your story, why your story is important to you and why you think it will appeal to the HelloBeautiful audience. Please write the type of pitch in the subject line (Tried It!; In Real Life) with a relevant headline to email@example.com.
8 Essential Back-To-School Staples For Your Child's Wardrobe
How To: Give It To Him Like You Mean It
These Realty TV Favorites Are Joining The Cast Of Zeus Network's 'Baddies East'
Yo Gotti Showers Angela Simmons On Her Birthday, Angela Slays In Custom Caszé
Yung Miami Attended The Los Angeles Renaissance World Tour In A Beyoncé-Inspired Outfit
Coi Leray Does The Big Chop And We're In Love
Jeezy Files For Divorce From Jeannie Mai After 2 Years Of Marriage
KJ Smith And Skyh Alvester Black Share Romantic Photos From Her Dreamy Malibu Wedding