Entryways are the first thing we see when we walk in the door and they tend to be the last place we decorate. Here are some tips on how to decorate your entryway from realsimple.com:
1) Define the space with a bold color like red, which exudes a warm welcome.
2) Engage visitors immediately by creating an eye-catching wall display.
3) Group ornamental mirrors, which has an especially dramatic effect on a dark wall.
4) Position a mirror to catch the light and bring the sun into a darker hallway. Paint the mirror a clean, crisp white for added brightness.
5) A table lamp casts an inviting glow, too. Keep the base slim so the lamp doesn’t feel overwhelming, especially on a slender console table.