No one likes to think about friendships that come to an end, but sometimes this is the necessary course of action. Here are some tips on how to tell when your friendship is unhealthy … and how to disengage from shine.com:
1) Your friend is jealous of you. Jealousy is different than envy and the first can be very toxic for the relationship. Jealousy is: “I want what you have and I want you dead or disappeared.” Envy is just: “I want what you have.” A jealous friend will want to cut you out of her life because she really wants what you have and can’t stand to be around you anymore. An envious friend will want what you have, but will look to you as her inspiration or role model, and compete with you to get in the lead.
2) Your friend is a “doormat“: It’s tiring to always be with someone who is so malleable.
3) Your friend wasn’t there for you. It’s sometimes hard to see if a friend is really a true pal until there is a life-changing moment in your life that requires the person’s support. This eye-opening event is called The Inciting Incident, which is when everything is going along fine, until wham! someone gets sick, or loses their job, or gets married or loses a loved one, and you find that the friend you thought would be by your side isn’t there for you at all. She doesn’t celebrate your good news nor does she help you in times of need. For some women it takes an “inciting incident” to finally notice that a friend is toxic.
4) Your friend is draining you: You feel you’re psychologically and emotionally giving all your energy to her and receiving nothing in return.
5) You don’t share the same values or the same world view: It’s a red flag that this isn’t the right friend for you if you don’t respect her for who she is. I interviewed a woman who wished her friend’s husband ill. It made the married woman realize that her friend’s behavior is nothing like her own.
<strong><a title="Permalink to: Top 10 Best Celebrity Ombre Hairstyles" href="https://hellobeautiful.com/playlist/best-celebrity-ombre-hairstyles/" rel="bookmark">Top 10 Best Celebrity Ombre Hairstyles</a></strong>
<strong><a title="Permalink to: 3 Things To Consider Before Getting Ombre Hair Color" href="https://hellobeautiful.com/2148345/ombre-hair-trend-dye-celebrity-pics-how-to-what-to-consider/" rel="bookmark">3 Things To Consider Before Getting Ombre Hair Color</a></strong>