Apartment Therapy Re-Nest has put together a list of simple uses for spaghetti jars that would have otherwise been thrown in the recycling bin:
1) Water for the dog at the dog park: our dog gets exhausted from all the play, and if BPAs aren’t good for humans, they’re probably not good for her either.
2. A drink shaker or cold drink storage: add some lime juice, fresh ginger, basil or some cucumber to a jar of water, put the lid on and give it a little shake. Then stash in the fridge until you need some refreshment, or use one to make your cold-brew coffee!
3. Breakfast to go: add oatmeal, dried fruit and a little flaxseed to a jar and toss in your pack. Once you’re at work, at some hot water, mix well and enjoy.
4. Leftovers: instant non-plastic, non-leaching, non-staining, BPA-free container for food. Great for soups.
5. Storage of bulk foods: re-use what you’ve got for storing sugar, flour, grains, rice, etc. from your local grocer’s bulk food section.