Sometimes I miss being single. When you’re single…
- you don’t have to answer to anyone.
- you don’t have to argue with anyone.
- you don’t have anyone to argue with you.
- you can sleep as late as you want.
- you don’t have to stay up to make sure no one is up past their bedtime.
- you don’t have to consider anyone other than yourself.
- you only have to clean up after yourself (if you clean up).
- you are the only one who suffers from your mistakes.
- you are the only one to blame when things go wrong.
- you don’t tire as easily.
- your spirit of adventure is self-perpetuating, or at least it should be.
- you have the time and opportunity to learn the full ins and outs of the person in the mirror.
- life is what you and you alone make it.
- you can save a lot of money, or you can spend a lot on yourself.
- going to church, working out, having hobbies, donating time and service to others, reading a good book, truly maintaining friendships are all things you can fully devote yourself to.
This list can continue on indefinitely depending on your point of view, but to sum it up, life as a married person is just different than that as a single one.