After The Wax
1. Opt for a shower! Soaking in water can be a nightmare for your skin post-wax. Everything from irritation to pimples can be a factor. Stay away from baths for a few days. Trust us, your skin will thank you.
2. Exfoliate two days later. Exfoliating right after your session can irritate and introduce bacteria into your skin. Instead, wait a full two days and gently exfoliate the area.
3. Apply an ingrown hair serum. No matter how diligent you are with your aftercare process, ingrown hairs can still be a possibility. Utilize a serum helps to moisturize the skin and prevent those painful bumps from appearing. We recommend using the European Wax Center Smooth Me Ingrown Hair Serum ($29.50)
4. Avoid tight clothing. It’s best to put your skinny jeans on ice. Friction is not your friend after a wax. Allow your skin to breathe after your wax to avoid any irritation.
5. Stay away from fragranced-filled products. Some soaps, lotions, and sprays can upset the area.
6. Skip your workout. Think of this beauty treatment as an excuse for taking time off from the gym. The salt that’s naturally in our sweat can irritate your skin like no other and lead to an infection.