A New York Republican candidate running for Senate has come under fire for advertising that he would hand out “Kool Aid, KFC and watermelons” at a campaign event in Harlem. According to NBC News 4, Jon Girodes, the Republican candidate for New York’s 30th District, sent them an email using the racial stereotypes to describe the catering.
“Ps I’m hosting an event in Harlem which will be in front of the state building in a few weeks. We will [donate] Kool Aid, KFC and watermelons to the public on 125th street in Harlem. Please join us to help the community,” he wrote.
When Girodes was asked did he think his comments were offensive, he said “no.”
“What I think is anyone who gives free food to people is doing them a favor. Get a bunch of people who say it’s offensive and let me go into their neighborhood and give it out for free and see if they take it,” he said.
Yeah, he tried it.
But don’t worry folks, because according to New York Daily News, Girodes was arrested on Friday for an alleged Craigslist rent scam. Police charged him with grand larceny for listing his posh Midtown apartment online and collecting rent deposits but keeping the cash after backing out of the deals.
One woman claims he stole $11K after he agreed to rent his apartment to her. He allegedly took $7,750 to cover the lease and another $3500 to set her up with his immigration lawyer,” ABC News 7 reported. And that was just one victim–he allegedly stole a total of $50,000 from 10 victims, both men and women, police said.
So what does Girodes have to say for himself?
“I love the NYPD, but there are two sides to every story,” he said.
Sure there is.
Senator John McCain Rescinds Support For Donald Trump; Others Call For Him To Drop Out All Together
Not Again! Maryland Teacher Under Fire For Racist Instagram Posts
That’s What You Get! Georgia Teacher Fired Over Racist Facebook Comments About First Lady Michelle Obama
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow + Restore Conditioner
1 of 25
2. Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl + Style Milk
2 of 25
3. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo
3 of 25
4. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine Pomade
4 of 25
5. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-In Moisturizer
5 of 25
6. As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner
6 of 25
7. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
Source:courtesy of Organix
7 of 25
8. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
8 of 25
9. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock Gel
9 of 25
10. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo
Source:courtesy of Beautiful Textures
10 of 25
11. Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter
Source:courtesy of Moisture Butter
11 of 25
12. Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo
Source:courtesy of Ojon
12 of 25
13. Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner
Source:courtesy of Ojon
13 of 25
14. OBIA Curl Hydration Spray
14 of 25
15. Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel
Source:courtesy of Ouidad
15 of 25
16. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel
16 of 25
17. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper
Source:Curly Hair Solutions
17 of 25
18. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite
18 of 25
19. Moroccanoil Hydrating Shampoo
19 of 25
20. Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner
20 of 25
21. Moroccanoil Hair Treatment
21 of 25
22. Yarok Hair
22 of 25
23. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
23 of 25
24. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry Skin
Source:Jane Carter Solution
24 of 25
25. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash Conditioner
25 of 25