Sonya Eskridge is a writer from Maryland, who started her news career in radio at the age of 17. After graduating from Virginia Tech, she went on to write for a national publication where she was able to mold her personal voice. Always looking for ways to inform on important issues--or share her love of nerdy and girly things—Sonya thoroughly enjoys writing about a wide range of subjects.
Bill Cosby himself has finally addressed the onslaught of rape allegations that were resurrected last month.
The comedian, who was once America’s favorite dad, has patently refused to speak out on all of the claims (old and new) that have come against him. He’s shut down journalists during recorded interviews, and he’s even had his lawyer issue a statement.
In said statement, Bill’s attorney said that the funnyman would never dignify the allegations with a response on his own. However, it seems that demand for a comment from Bill has become so great that he’s had to renege on that stance.
After his show at the King Center for the Performing Arts in Florida on Friday, he kind of spoke on the new round of controversy. He didn’t say much, though.
“I know people are tired of me not saying anything, but a guy doesn’t have to answer to innuendos,” he told “Florida Today” this weekend. “People should fact check. People shouldn’t have to go through that, and shouldn’t answer to innuendos.”
This comes as another woman has come forward to accuse Bill Cosby of rape. “Law & Order: SVU” star Michelle Hurdrevealed on Facebook that she’d narrowly escaped possibly becoming another woman on growing list of his alleged rape victims. However, she said he’d been “VERY inappropriate” with her on the set of “The Cosby Show.”
Meanwhile producers for the sitcom have released a statement about their shock over the recently resurfaced accusations.
“The Bill we know was a brilliant and wonderful collaborator on a show that changed the landscape of television,” they told Variety. “These recent news reports are beyond our knowledge or comprehension.”