1 12-Ounce Jar Roasted Red Peppers
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
1 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
½ Pound Bucatini Pasta
¼ Cup Heavy Cream
6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
1. Strain roasted red peppers through a mesh strainer, allowing them to sit in the strainer over a bowl for a few minutes to drain thoroughly. Use the back of a large spoon to press out more of the moisture as well.
2. Prepare a food processor with the blade attachment.
3. Smash the garlic under the side of your chef’s knife to remove the peel. Place in food processor. Chop briefly.
4. Pick basil leaves off the stems to measure the indicated amount. Place in food processor. Chop again.
5. Place strained peppers and balsamic vinegar in food processor and process until mixture is well pureed. Slightly chunky is ok. Pour back into the mesh strainer and let sit over a bowl again until ready to add to sauce.
1. Fill a large pot 2/3 high with water and cover. Place over high heat. Proceed with next step as water comes to a boil.
2. Once water is boiling, add 1 tablespoon of salt and stir in the bucatini. Cook until tender but with a slight bite, about 7-8 minutes, or according to the package instructions. Strain. Save the pot.
3. Combine heavy cream and butter in a small saucepan and warm over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Stir often.
4. Once butter is melted, stir in Parmesan cheese and roasted pepper puree. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
5. Once pasta is strained, place it back in the pot and pour the roasted red pepper sauce over the top. Stir until well combined, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Transfer the roasted red pepper basil Alfredo to a serving bowl or dinner plates. Serve warm.
Cooking Planit is a website and mobile app that provides you with step-by-step instructions to create full meals with every dish ready to serve at the same time. Essentially a “GPS for the kitchen,” the app also provides options to filter recipes by main ingredient, occasion and dietary restriction. Each of the 600 chef-tested recipes displays a full list of ingredients and necessary cooking utensils, enabling everyone– from the experienced to the curious – to discover new flavors with minimal fuss and maximum success.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!