Myeisha Essex is in love with all things pop culture, thanks in large part to her hometown. This Los Angeles native has an encyclopedic knowledge of the entertainment industry and she loves a good trivia game. She received her bachelor’s degree in journalism and media studies from Bennett College for Women and her master's from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. Her work can be found in Sister 2 Sister, Harlem World Magazine, Clutch and on Essence.com. When she's not keeping up with the news or learning Beyonce's latest dance moves, she enjoys watching stand-up comedy on YouTube! Follow her on Instagram @more_about_me
Beyonce’s background singers are working on an album of their own! Known as The Mamas, Montina Cooper-Donnell, Crystal Collins and Tiffany Moniqué Riddick recently stopped by New York’s Hot 97 radio to discuss their solo group plans.
“Yeah, we’re working on that,” the ladies told program director-turned-host Ebro of their debut album. As far as Bey’s approval, Montina said, “You know what, she would support because that’s the type of artist she is.”
“That’s what I love about her,” Chrissy chimed in. “She gives everybody their shine and she believes in us. She loves us so we love her.”
“She’s not intimidated by talent,” Tiffany explained. “In fact she likes to showcase it. Like, she know she’s confident and what she has to offer, but she’s just as proud of the team behind her.”
The Mamas said they plan to follow Queen Bey’s work ethic for their new project.
“That girl works hard,” Montina said. “Like production rehearsals are crazy. We may work 16 hours that day, but the crazy thing about Bey is, before we come in, she’s there and when we leave, she still stays.”
“And when we come in the next day, she’s there,” Tiffany added.
12. April: Kicks Off The Epic "The Mrs. Carter World Tour"
12 of 30
13. April: Pepsi Max Unveils Global Beyonce Campaign
13 of 30
14. April: H&M Launches Swimsuit Campaign
14 of 30
15. May: Anniversary Trip to Cuba
15 of 30
16. May: One Glass of Wine Shuts Down All Rumors
16 of 30
17. May: Met Gala
17 of 30
18. May: Beyonce Cover British Vogue
18 of 30
19. June: Headlines 'Chime For Change'
19 of 30
20. August: Shatters Instagram With Short 'Do
20 of 30
21. August: Pixie Cut Turns Into A Blunt Bob At V Festival
21 of 30
22. August: Budweiser Made In America Festival Benefiting The United Way
22 of 30
23. September: Watch The Throne! Jay & Bey Top Forbes' Richest Couple List
23 of 30
24. October: The Photobomb That Really Wasn't
24 of 30
25. November: The Quiet Before The Storm
25 of 30
26. December: Bey Ousts Kim As Bings' Most Searched Celeb
26 of 30
27. December: Beyoncé
27 of 30
28. December: Bey Shops It Up At Walmart, Clearly Ignores Target
28 of 30
29. December: Bey Attends Her Visual Album Screening
29 of 30
Continue reading Beyoncé’s Background Singers, The Mamas, Prep Album Of Their Own
BOW DOWN: 2013 Was The Year Of Beyonce
Did you know HelloBeautiful is on Instagram? Follow us!
Follow HelloBeautiful On Twitter!
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities:
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=hellobeautifulofficial height="260"]