A few months ago, when the weather first showed signs of beach-inspired attire, I declared on my Facebook page that I would drop these unwanted pounds. Then I moved to a very convenient part of Brooklyn where there’s a Chinese spot and a corner deli that just happens to be open 24 hours. Insert three more very unhealthy pounds. I digress!
So I did a little research, because there has to be a balance. I cannot just go cold turkey on this sugar and salt situation. I mean, it gets me through the work week and totally keeps me from snapping on random people during my morning commutes on the New York subways. You’ll be thrilled to know that I found five ways that you (and me) can slim down but still indulge in the sweeter things in life!
• Food diary: So, nine times out of 10 you eat healthy, eh? That may not really be true, but a food diary can help clear up any confusion. How much fattening mayo was used to make that tuna salad? If you’ve sworn off meat, are you getting enough protein and are you eating too many carbohydrates? What kind of carbs are they? Are you eating a diverse diet that provides all the necessary nutrients? A food diary will help challenge your assumptions and make you more aware of everything you’re eating, how much and where you might make healthy adjustments.
• Stay hydrated: Whether you’ve upped the ante on your workouts or you’re consuming too much salt or too many caffeinated beverages, which act as a diuretic, doctors and researchers believe as many as 75 percent of Americans experience dehydration throughout the day. Dehydration can make you confuse thirst for hunger, cause fatigue and a fuzzy memory.
• Lineatabs: This meal supplement has been popular in Europe for 11 years and recently became available in the United States. Lineatabs contains Solusitan, an all-natural fat-binding complex. Unlike other fat-binding supplements, Lineatabs dissolve in water to become an effervescent citrus flavored beverage that users consume before or while eating a fatty meal. Since the dietary fibers in Lineatabs are dispersed in water are not compressed into a tablet, they’re immediately available to bind with fats, turning them into an indigestible liquid mass. The tabs are perfect for people who follow a healthy diet but occasionally eat a greasy-fatty meal. The ingredients in Lineatabs are clinically proven to help reduce body weight, in combination with a calorie-restricted diet, and can also help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Additionally, Lineatabs encourages hydration, as it makes you drink more water.
• Relaxation: If you’re always on the go, chances are you may be suffering from excessive stress, which according to the American Journal of Epidemiology, raises levels of cortisol, a hormone that can make you feel hungry. Stress can also make busy people more prone to comfort eating, including excessive amounts and foods filled with fat, sugar and salt. Consider breathing techniques, yoga or meditation for handling a busy schedule.
• Slightly increase/mix-up cardio: It’s easy to get into a routine in your workout. After a certain point, however, your body gets used to the exercise and you get less of a workout. You don’t have to drastically alter things though; increasing the incline on your treadmill by just 5 percent can help you lose 15 percent more calories during your walk/jog/run. If you want more muscle definition, consider trading a walk for a shorter jog, or a jog for a shorter sprint.
See, those aren’t too hard! Right? Chime via the comments below and share with me what you’re during to keep those winter pounds hidden!
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Lifestyle Trends!