My Best Me Contest Presented By Johnson & Johnson
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The My Best Me contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday October 14, 2013 and end on Sunday November 17, 2013 (“Contest Period”). One (1) winner will be awarded one (1) cash prize in the amount of Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500) (“Grand Prize”) (ARV $2,500).
HOW TO ENTER:
Readers of HelloBeautiful.com who are legal residents of the United States and are 18 years of age or older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, participants must do the following:
- Contest participants will be asked to submit a short essay explaining how they execute their best in care giving (to their loved ones, to the community, or to their own personal care), in 100 words or less.
- Contestants must submit their entries at www.hellobeautiful.com
- Upon entering the website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, written entry, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
- Entries must be “family friendly”, appropriate for all audiences, and must meet the below-listed Entry Requirements.
- All Internet entries must be received by 11:59pm EST on Sunday, November 17, 2013 or they will be void.
- One entry per person per day per email address during the Contest Period.
- Entries will be reviewed by members of Radio One, Inc. / One Solution (also “Company”) staff and the winner will be determined at their sole discretion. The winner will be determined on Sunday, November 17, 2013. The winning entry will be posted online for public viewing on Tuesday, November 19, 2013.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
- By uploading a submission and entering this Contest, each participant represents and warrants to be bound by the Official Contest rules, that they are authorized to and have the rights to submit the content in the entry, and that all of the below-listed requirements have been met.
- Entries must be 100 words or less in length
- Entries may not be patently offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene, or similarly inappropriate in the Company’s sole discretion.
- Entries must be family friendly and not contain any profanity, obscene language, lewd or sexual content, references or graphics.
- Submissions may not infringe upon any rights of any third party including without limitation, copyright, trademark and right of publicity or privacy
- Entries must not contain commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
- Entries must be produced and solely owned by the Contestant submitting the entry.
- Entries must be unpublished and not have been submitted in any other competitions (whether sponsored by Company or any other entity).
- Submissions must not contain: unnecessary violence, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), or otherwise assault or threaten others
- The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Contest registration.
- Employees of Interactive One, LLC, TV One, LLC, HelloBeautiful.com, Radio One, Inc. d/b/a One Solution (“One Solution”); Johnson & Johnson, their respective officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers, competitors, general sponsors, promotional partners, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandchild or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
- Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from One Solution within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from One Solution during any thirty (30) day period.
- Contestants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- If winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded for this Contest, and will include the following:
- One (1) Cash Prize of Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00 USD) (ARV = $2,500.00).
- If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that he or she has decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and / or Contest administrator if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Company management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Contest winners must sign and date official Company release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
- To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
- Company will award the prizes only upon winner verification and final approval. Each winner or selected entrant will be notified by email, mail and/or phone within five (5) days after being selected (e.g., date of drawing). Each winner or selected entrant will then have five (5) days to respond with their information. Company will then send prizes or prize-verification information via the U.S. Mail. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within five (5) days after being selected (e.g. drawing date), is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return completed and executed release forms and affidavits, if applicable and as required by Company, or if the prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and an alternate entrant will be selected.
- During the Contest Period, eligible participants will be encouraged to take part in the Contest by submitting a short essay of 100 words or less, explaining how they execute their best “In care-giving” to others or their own personal care. Entries must be submitted online at www.hellobeautiful.com. After completing the registration process, qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win the Grand Prize.
- Entries will be reviewed by members of the One Solution staff. At the sole discretion of the staff, one (1) winner, with the best entry, will be selected from all eligible entries received electronically. The Grand Prize winner will be determined and announced on Sunday, November 17, 2013.
- The Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone and / or email and provided with instructions for claiming the prize.
- All decisions made by Company management or any Contest Sponsor regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
- By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
- The Company retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all contest rules are not followed.
- All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Company, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of any awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Company has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion,. In addition, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, postage due, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
- If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified contest entries, or any other causes beyond the Company’s control which, in the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Company reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at its sole discretion.
- Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- To receive the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by Sunday, January 19, 2014 to: My Best Me contest, c/o Interactive One, LLC 850 3rd Avenue, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10022, ATTN: Ghislaine Leon.