With the success of “Love and Hip-Hop: Atlanta,” and a recent trailer popping up of the show “Real Mistresses of Atlanta” the city of Atlanta has been put on the map now more than ever before. We’ve all witnessed our fair share of drink-throwing and baby-momma drama from the residents of this city, but what else does beautiful Atlanta have to offer?
MUST READ: Your Ultimate Travel Guide to New Orleans
MUST READ: Plan Your Romantic Beach Getaway
As the capital of Georgia, Atlanta is known as the New South and in recent years due to the influx of residents, has experienced an unprecedented growth. Before the likes of Joseline Hernandez and Kim Zolciak came to define Atlanta, it was known mostly for being the boyhood home of Martin Luther King, Jr. as well as a national leader in higher education for African-Americans.
Check out our Atlanta travel guide below to find out what keeps visitors and residents alike coming back for more!
1. Atlanta is well known for its historic and cultural significance to America, as the birthplace of the Civil Rights leader, Martin Luther King Jr. as well as the first carbon-neutral zone in the United States. If you’re looking for some culture during your trip check out all of the African American Museums and Galleries in the city: African American Museums and Galleries: Culture Galore!
2. If you are a foodie, then Atlanta has got you covered! You can experience delicacies from all cultures in this diverse city, but if you’re looking for the ultimate in Atlanta brunch, then look no further than the Flying Biscuit for a mix of healthy items and down home soul food: Brunch Around the World: The Flying Biscuit
3. Atlanta residents are just as unique and diverse as their culture, and history! The South is almost a country of its own and as such comes with its very own slang. Check out this list of Atlanta city slang to help you during your next visit: City Slang: Atlanta
4. Now we all know, that Atlanta knows how to throw a party! Well if you’re in the mood to throw on your dancing shoes and paint the town red with the man or your girls head over to the famous Peachtree Street and check out the night scene: Halo Lounge
5. If you’re that tourist that hates tourist attractions, then Virginia Highland is a must see! This popular neighborhood in Atlanta has everything from sidewalk cafés and eclectic boutiques to art galleries and spas. Find an array of options for every person in your traveling party: Off the Beaten Path
6 Things You Didn’t Know About Martin Luther King, Jr.