Many of you by now have been sucked into ABC’s hit new show, “Scandal” and if you’re not hooked yet then after reading this post, you will be. Kerry Washington plays the feisty, sexy and smart Olivia Pope, who’s the best in D.C and fierce in her her pumps and tight skirts but can whip a grown man into shape just by her words. She’s known for saving lives, solving crimes and fixing her clients, no matter how scandalous the situation may be. Her clients come to her at their darkest moments, after they’ve hit rock bottom, and Olivia is right there to pick up the pieces. She’s also had a steamy affair with the President of the United States, and is now fighting to keep her secret alive while also solving a murder of an intern at the White House. What makes Olivia Pope just so fabulous? Here are five reason why Ms. Pope is just that big of a deal.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With Your Fave Black Celebs!
1. She won the president’s heart at first sight: He’s the President of the United States of America for God’s sake and Olivia Pope won his heart upon their first meeting. Never mind the fact that he’s a married man with children and has a reputation to uphold, Olivia Pope is just that damn good, that she snagged his heart and took no prisoners while doing it. Not to mention their steamy love scene and sexual tension displayed on every episode. Only a woman as bad as Olivia Pope could leave Mr. President smitten and speechless whenever she walks into a room.
2. Her Wardrobe: Let’s face it, every working woman wants to look as sexy as Olivia Pope does whenever she walks into a room. From her tight suits to her high heeled shoes, Olivia Pope is working it, but don’t let her appearance fool you. This HBIC is not playing around, and although she may prance around in her Christian Louboutins from time to time while working in the office, she’s making sure that you and everyone else around her knows who’s the boss and that they work for her. Olivia Pope, you better werk!
3. Her smart mouth: Olivia Pope has this keen ability to tell off some people in pretty high places from a high profile dictator to the President’s right hand man. The way she puts her words together, tells people what how and when they are going to do it (while wearing her stilettos of course) is enough to make a grown man cry, or at least enough to follow her rules to avoid any further problems. She gives a whole new meaning to the phrases, “Miss Jackson if you’re nasty” but in this case, “Miss Pope”.
4. Her Fearless Personality- Olivia Pope isn’t scared of anybody or anything! She’s right at the center of the crime, looking for all evidence and trying to solve it before the police do. For a woman to be that fearless is quite satisfying, especially considering the fact that her team consists of about three grown men and one formerly abuses woman some of whom are an ex-con and on probation. Olivia won’t take no for an answer, and she’ll do whatever she has to do to get answers, no matter how illegal or legal it might be.
5. Her Work Ethic-Olivia Pope doesn’t sleep, doesn’t eat, and doesn’t rest until her job is done. She instills the same work ethic into her team, and refuses to give up until she’s won. She does not lose and she does everything to fight for the rights of her clients. At the end of the day, she always does the right thing. She’s an advocate for women and dedicates her time to assisting those who’ve been battered, oppressed or broken.
Bottom line, Olivia Pope is the ISH and if you’re not convinced yet then you better get familiar!
These Realty TV Favorites Are Joining The Cast Of Zeus Network's 'Baddies East'
How To: Give It To Him Like You Mean It
Coi Leray Does The Big Chop And We're In Love
Steve Harvey Pays Emotional Tribute To Wife Marjorie At TheGrio Awards: 'I Appreciate You Riding With Me'
Angela Simmons Looks Like Money On Stage With Yo Gotti During A D.C. Stop Of The 'Gangsta Art Tour'
Tia Mowry Dishes On Affordable Holiday Hosting Ideas, Holiday Favs, And More
Usher Gets Emotional During Final Las Vegas Residency Show
Get To Know Mehgan James And The Entire Cast Of VH1's 'Basketball Wives Orlando'