Swine flu may be sweeping through Mexico and the U.S. but that doesn’t mean you can’t take steps to reduce your risk of being exposed to the virus. Here’s some tips on how to stay flu free:
1. Increase vitamin D intake. Some day the reason the flu is so seasonal is because we become vitamin D deficient at certain times of the year. Make sure you’re getting in ALL of your vitamins on a daily basis.
2. Avoid sugar and processed foods. Both of these can lead to a weak immune system.
3. Sleep. If your body is fatigued then it will have a harder time fighting of infections.
4. Avoid stress. If you are overly stressed your body will be susecptable to ilness.
5. Exercise. Activity increases your blood circulation and therefore makes it easier for your body to find infections before they get out of hand.
For the latest info on the swine flu click here.
6. Take omega-3 fats. These have so many health benefits, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be taking them.
7. Wash your hands. You don’t even need to use an anti-bacterial soap. Just a mild hand soap after you hang out in public places will help decrease virus transmission.
8. Eat Garlic. Garlic works almost like an anti-biotic and the great thing is that it doesn’t build up a resistance.
Are you too sick to exercise? Find out here!