The easiest way to shrug off the winter blues? Trying one of spring’s hottest makeup trends. Allure has picked out seven colors that are bright, fun, and refreshing. And get ready: There’s not a neutral shade in the bunch.
A peacock’s vibrant feathers are designed to be mesmerizing—and so is the effect their bold colors have on your eyes. Start by blending an iridescent purple shadow around the lashes, using a brush to lightly dust the shade all the way up to the brows. Then apply a shimmery teal green along the inner corners. If you have fair skin, “just take the colors to the creases so it’s not overwhelming,” says makeup artist Romy Soleimani. Finish the look with a nude lipstick; you don’t need any other strong shades on your face.
1. Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in VI308 – Bouquet, $33
2. Cover Girl Eye Enhancers in Turquoise Tempest, $3.29
Imagine biting into the ripe yellowish orange flesh of a mango. That juicy shade is exactly what you want on your lips this spring. Surprisingly soft, the color is pretty on all skin tones. It looks best paired with gold eye shadow and bronzed cheeks.
1. Milani Color Perfect Lipstick in Orange Gina, $4.99
2. Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF 12 in Soft Coral, $22
LIME GREEN EYES
Don’t be intimidated by this shocking color: “Lime green is surprisingly pretty,” says Soleimani. “It’s not too neon or acid-y, and it brings out gold flecks in the eyes.” Try sweeping a sheer eye shadow from the lashes to the brows, or use a more opaque version as an eyeliner for a subtler look. Ground the color with black mascara.
1. JK Jemma Kidd Hi-Design Eye Colour in Artiste, $16
2. NYC New York Color City Duet Eye Shadows in Bowling Green, $2.99