Stilettos are wonderful for the legs, but not so good for the body. When you’re walking down the street strutting your stuff in your stilettos, your legs look great, your step is lighter, and you are definitely feeling yourself. But when the shoes come off, it’s a totally different story.
Follow these simple steps to strengthen and elongate the calves, ankles and toes while adding confidence and some much needed balance to take on your 4+inch high friends.
Take off your heels. They deserve a rest.
• Place the feet together and lift both arms parallel to the ground, palms facing down
• Find one point to gaze at and lift up onto the balls of the feet
• Continue to reach the heels away from the ground, creating lift in the arches. Think platforms, not kitten heels….keep lifting up!
• Keep the gaze on one point, heels lifted, and begin to bend the knees, drop the tailbone
• Keep the belly gently pulling to the spine as the body descends until the bottom lands lightly on the heels
• Take five breaths without placing the heels on the ground and make a slow return back to standing
• Place heels back down
Put your heels back on. Go be fierce.