The living room sofa, where people gather and meet, is the center point of the room. The Chinese principles of feng shui advise arranging your living room around the sofa to avoid blocking the direct path of energy.
1) Try to position the sofa in the corner farthest away from the door and window.
2) Make sure the sofa is placed in clear view of the door.
3) Avoid having too much space between the wall and sofa. The wall is essential for providing security and protection.
4) Avoid placing the sofa in front of a window or directly opposite the door. Since energy flows between the door and window, do not place yourself and guests in its path.
5) Avoid having lights or beams directly above the sofa.