We love seeing Taraji with her simple makeup choices and her hair is always on point.
New York-based celebrity hair stylist, Dante Blandshaw shares expert tips on how he used Aveda products to achieve Taraji P. Henson’s look for the Oscar Awards:
• “I started with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo and Aveda Brilliant
Conditioner to soften Taraji’s textured hair,” said Blandshaw. “I love
the Aveda Brilliant line because it provides a smooth shine to textured
hair and reduces blow dry time.”
• Prep hair with Aveda Brilliant Damage Control to protect from heat styling.
• Blow dry hair straight using a paddle brush.
• After blow drying, add a dime-sized amount of Aveda Brilliant
Universal Styling Creme to add additional shine without weighing hair
• Flat-iron hair to create the foundation for a smooth, sleek red carpet look.
• Using 1.5” and 2” barrel curling irons, curl hair throughout to give bend and movement, accenting the layers in the cut.
• Slightly curl the front to create a soft, side-swept bang for added height and fullness.
• Comb hair through with a wide-tooth comb.
• Spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for a light finish. “Aveda
Air Control Hair Spray is a perfect complement to this look because its
lightweight formula provides lasting hold and shine without weighing
hair down,” said Blandshaw.