The bathroom is one of the most used rooms in the home, and somehow it manages to get overlooked. Every bathroom should have great storage options and a sense of personal style. Here are some ideas to upgrade your bathroom on the cheap:
• Make sure you have plenty of storage in the bathroom. Use kitchen canisters or wall-mounted racks to store cotton balls, Q-tips, and bathroom supplies, and use wall hooks to hang towels.
• To spruce up old windows and add privacy to a bathroom, use decorative window film.
• Update your hardware. It’s fairly easy to switch out old cabinet knobs, towel bars, and drawer pulls.
• Replace old light fixtures. Some of the ugliest light fixtures hide out in old bathrooms.
• Paint the walls. In a bathroom, you usually want to go with a semigloss paint that will clean up more easily than a flat finish.
• Switch out the medicine cabinet. If you have a surface-mounted medicine cabinet, it’s pretty easy to take it out and install a new one in its place. If you have a built-in, there’s a good set of tips on installing a recessed medicine cabinet here.
• Spring for new accessories. You could try new towels, shower curtain, bathmat, mirror, or wastebasket.
Any other recommendations for simple ways to upgrade your bathroom?