1. Misty Copeland Soars In “Swan Lake”Source:Gene Schiavone
Fresh off the announcement of her new gig in the Broadway play “On The Town”, Misty Copeland is on a career high. This year, she has starred in “The Nutcracker” at the Brooklyn Academy of Music and “Swan Lake” at the Metropolitan Opera House. Take a look back at her historic “Swan Lake” performances.
2. Misty Copeland Takes A Bow At Curtain CallSource:Gene Schiavone
Copeland told the BBC: “Swan Lake was not something I ever saw in my future, in terms of dancing the lead. It’s incredible to be able to be a brown swan.” We totally agree.
3. Misty Accepts The Immense Responsibility Of Her Role In BalletSource:Gene Schiavone
” I do see a change. And as much criticism as I get for talking about it as much as I do, I think it’s forcing people to make changes,” said Copeland. “It’s putting a spotlight in the ballet world in a way that it’s never been done before.”
4. Misty Copeland and James WhitesideSource:Gene Schiavone
Co-star James Whiteside is an important part of making this performance of “Swan Lake” so historic.
5. Misty’s Pointe Is Perfect!Source:Gene Schiavone
The grace and form she puts in her shows prove how much she really wants to do this work.
6. Misty Fights Back Tears At The End Of The ShowSource:Gene Schiavone
Misty Copeland is presented with flowers at the end of the show.
7. Ever So Graceful and ThankfulSource:Gene Schiavone
Misty is showered with more flowers at the end of another successful performance.
8. She Soars!Source:Gene Schiavone
Missed Misty Copeland in “Swan Lake?” Catch her in “On the Town” for TWO WEEKS ONLY starting on August 25th.