Ms. Tina Knowles Lawson knows how to throw a party and her 2nd Annual Wearable Art Gala was no exception. The mother of today’s’ biggest superstars chaired the event with her husband, Richard Lawson. The event is to support fine art and to celebrate and support African-American artists whose inspiring pieces will be up for auction to support teen mentorship programs, Tina’s Angels and Richard’s Warriors as well as WACO’s Mobile Arts Theater. This event is the signature and premiere event for WACO Theater. Click through our gallery to see all the Wakanda inspired looks from Black Hollywood’s favorite stars. Which look is your favorite?
1. TINA KNOWLES LAWSONSource:Getty
Mama Tina gives us ringlets on the red carpet.
2. TINA KNOWLES LAWSONSource:Getty
She’s really taking flight in this gown!
3. TINA KNOWLES LAWSONSource:Getty
In Jean-Louis Sabaji Couture.
4. TINA KNOWLES LAWSON AND RICHARD LAWSONSource:Getty
Mama Tina poses with her husband, Richard Lawson. She lovingly dubbed him, “King Richard” when posting this photo to her Instagram.
5. MONIQUE RODRIGUEZSource:Getty
Mielle Organics founder looks fabulous. Her hair is by LeighTaylor LaCoste.
6. MONIQUE RODRIGUEZSource:Getty
Monique admits on Instagram that her friend Penny (who isn’t on social media!) made her dress.
7. MONIQUE RODRIGUEZ AND BEYONCÉ
Founder and CEO of Mielle Organics, Monique Rodriguez, poses for a photo with Beyoncé.
8. V. BOZEMANSource:Getty
Hair and styling by Tré Major.
9. V. BOZEMANSource:Getty
Wearing a dress from For The Stars Fashion House. Her train is by Charmain Joie Couture.
10. LISARAYE MCCOYSource:Getty
Lisa admitted that her headwrap is a shirt that her daughters’ friend tied around her head hours before the gala.
11. LISARAYE MCCOYSource:Getty
In her signature all white.
12. ASHLEY JACKSONSource:Getty
The harpist arrived in a crown made of braids. Her earrings and dress were laced with hair as well!
13. ASHLEY JACKSONSource:Getty
In custom Mind of Kye.
14. MAGIC JOHNSON (L) AND EARLITHA KELLYSource:Getty
Magic Johnson and Earlitha Kelly give us shimmer and animal print.
15. LALA ANTHONY
In Sergio Hudson.
In custom Falguni Shane Peacock India.
17. JAY-Z, BLUE IVY, AND BEYONCÉ
18. ANGELA RYE
In Queen E. Collection and Empress K jewelry.
19. BIANCA LAWSONSource:Getty
In an Epona Valley hair crown.
20. BIANCA LAWSONSource:Getty
In a multi-print gown.