Check out our list of 10 Black women who motivate us to be better and reach higher.
1. 10 Endlessly Inspirational WomenSource:Getty
International Women’s Day is meant to celebrate women and the great strides that we’ve made in the ongoing movement for women’s rights. It’s also a day to honor the women who inspire us to push harder, reach higher, and go farther in life.
2. 10 Endlessly Inspirational WomenSource:Getty
While there is no shortage of women who that bill, here is a short list of our faves.
3. Ava DuVernaySource:Getty
4. Oprah WinfreySource:Getty
Talk show host, OWN network creator, actress, and all-around media mogul
5. Michelle ObamaSource:Getty
Former First Lady (AKA our Forever First Lady)
6. Issa RaeSource:Getty
TV show and online content creator
7. Mae JemisonSource:Getty
NASA astronaut, physician, engineer, and the First Black woman to travel into space
8. Maxine WatersSource:Getty
Representative for California’s 43rd District
9. April RyanSource:Getty
White House Journalist
10. Chimamanda Ngozi AdicheSource:Getty
Feminist and author
11. Alicia Garza, Opal Tomenti, and Patrisse CullorsSource:Getty
Black Lives Matter movement creators
12. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty
Golden Slam Professional Tennis Player