Tilane Jones here, just stopping by from UrbanBeautyCollective.com. One of the benefits of having the top minds in celebrity beauty on Urban Beauty Collective’s STYLE SQUAD is getting the scoop on our favorite starrahs!
So… after we picked our jaws up off the floor over Rihanna’s hot-to-death hair at the “Inglorious Basterds” premiere, we hit up her personal tress guru – Motions hairstylist Ursula Stephens – for the skinny. Yes, Ursula is one of UBC STYLE SQUAD most popular pros and she was more than happy to break it down for us.
WOW! HOW’D THEY DO THAT?!
URSULA on RIHANNA
“Rihanna is actually in London recording! And her glam squad was no where around when this last minute event came up – and she worked it out!
This is actually a style I’ve created on Rihanna before. Using some of my tips, combined with her own style, she pulled it off on her own! And I’m not surprised as she is very stylish!
This is a great example of how one can recreate a hair style on their own.
– Start by blow drying hair in an upward direction
– Then mist holding spray to the entire head
– Flat iron small sections of hair until you have conquered the whole head
– Next brush all the hair forward gathering it in one, flip back and secure with a couple of bobby pins.
– Spray some spritz for an extra hold! Motions Light Hold Working Spritz is my favorite.
– Apply some pomade, like Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade, to the side and back, using a brush to smooth.
– Finish off with gloss, and you’re red carpet ready!
I would describe this style in two ways… Edgy and Back to the Future!”
For more on the fabulous Ms. Ursula Stephen, check out her regular STYLE SQUAD critiques on the hottest names in the business on the UBC homepage, along with Wouri Vice, Tippi Shorter, Hiyaya, Nzingha and more! Follow Ursula on Twitter at @ursulastephen and UBC @UBCisFABULOUS.