As America continues to march toward the day when Whites will no longer represent the majority of the population, racists are resorting to old tactics to try to threaten people of color as they recognize the end of their bloody reign.
A noose was recently found hanging from a tree at a housing complex in Montgomery Village, Maryland Thursday, with several nooses having turned up across the Washington, D.C. area in recent weeks, reports The Washington Post.
Maryland police officers found the noose, known as a historic symbol of racial violence used in lynchings of Blacks, at the Heron’s Cove Condominium neighborhood in Montgomery Village, Montgomery County police said in a statement. The noose, made of synthetic rope, was discovered in a tree inside a common area near a parking lot at 8 a.m. Thursday, writes the Post.
The latest investigation of nooses recovered in and around the Washington, D.C.-area comes after several were found at the National Museum of African American History and Culture, the Smithsonian and the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial.
A police officer took the noose down, and cops said that they did not know of any suspicious activity related to Thursday’s incident, reports NBC Washington.
SOURCE: The Washington Post, NBC Washington
Noose Found At The National African American History Museum
Someone Hung A Black Teddy Bear By A Noose At This Southern High School
Bananas Strung In Nooses On American University’s Campus Sparks Outrage
Trayvon Martin's 20th Birthday: A Timeline Of Racial Issues That Have Plagued Black America
20 photos Launch gallery
1. Trayvon Martin's Life Wasn't In Vain
1 of 20
2. 1995: The OJ Simpson Verdict
2 of 20
3. 1996: Texaco Pays Over $170 Million In A Racial Discrimination Case
3 of 20
4. 1997: Stephen Lawrence's Alleged Murderers Exposed
4 of 20
5. 1998: The Death Of James Bryd, Jr.
5 of 20
6. 2000: Former Black Panther Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin Is Accused of Murder
6 of 20
7. 2001:The Cincinnati Riots
7 of 20
8. 2002: Donovan Jackson Chavis & Inglewood Cops
8 of 20
9. 2003: Scranton, Pennslyvania's Skinhead Epidemic & Ousmane Zongo
9 of 20
10. 2005: Hurricane Katrina
10 of 20
11. 2006: Sean Bell
11 of 20
12. 2007: Don Imus Calls Female Basketball Team "Nappy Headed Hoes"
12 of 20
13. 2009: Oscar Grant
13 of 20
14. 2010: Aiyana Stanley-Jones, Dead at 7-Years-Old
14 of 20
15. 2010: Omar Thornton, Employee Turned Gunman
15 of 20
16. 2011: The Capital Punishment of Troy Davis
16 of 20
17. 2012: Jordan Davis & Trayvon Martin
17 of 20
18. 2013: Cheerios Depicts An Interracial Family & Racists Complain
18 of 20
19. 2014: #BlackLivesMatter: Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Renisha McBride, Antonio Martin, John Crawford, Tamir Rice & More
19 of 20
20. 2015: We Shall Overcome
20 of 20