As America continues to march toward the day when Whites will no longer represent the majority of the population, racists are resorting to old tactics to try to threaten people of color as they recognize the end of their bloody reign.
A noose was recently found hanging from a tree at a housing complex in Montgomery Village, Maryland Thursday, with several nooses having turned up across the Washington, D.C. area in recent weeks, reports The Washington Post.
Maryland police officers found the noose, known as a historic symbol of racial violence used in lynchings of Blacks, at the Heron’s Cove Condominium neighborhood in Montgomery Village, Montgomery County police said in a statement. The noose, made of synthetic rope, was discovered in a tree inside a common area near a parking lot at 8 a.m. Thursday, writes the Post.
The latest investigation of nooses recovered in and around the Washington, D.C.-area comes after several were found at the National Museum of African American History and Culture, the Smithsonian and the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial.
A police officer took the noose down, and cops said that they did not know of any suspicious activity related to Thursday’s incident, reports NBC Washington.
SOURCE: The Washington Post, NBC Washington
Noose Found At The National African American History Museum
Someone Hung A Black Teddy Bear By A Noose At This Southern High School
Bananas Strung In Nooses On American University’s Campus Sparks Outrage
Trayvon Martin's 20th Birthday: A Timeline Of Racial Issues That Have Plagued Black America
21 photos Launch gallery
1. Trayvon Martin's Life Wasn't In Vain
1 of 21
2. 1995: The OJ Simpson Verdict
2 of 21
3. 1996: Texaco Pays Over $170 Million In A Racial Discrimination Case
3 of 21
4. 1997: Stephen Lawrence's Alleged Murderers Exposed
4 of 21
5. 1998: The Death Of James Bryd, Jr.
5 of 21
6. 1999: Amadou Diallo & 41 Bullets
6 of 21
7. 2000: Former Black Panther Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin Is Accused of Murder
7 of 21
8. 2001:The Cincinnati Riots
8 of 21
9. 2002: Donovan Jackson Chavis & Inglewood Cops
9 of 21
10. 2003: Scranton, Pennslyvania's Skinhead Epidemic & Ousmane Zongo
10 of 21
11. 2005: Hurricane Katrina
11 of 21
12. 2006: Sean Bell
12 of 21
13. 2007: Don Imus Calls Female Basketball Team "Nappy Headed Hoes"
13 of 21
14. 2009: Oscar Grant
14 of 21
15. 2010: Aiyana Stanley-Jones, Dead at 7-Years-Old
15 of 21
16. 2010: Omar Thornton, Employee Turned Gunman
16 of 21
17. 2011: The Capital Punishment of Troy Davis
17 of 21
18. 2012: Jordan Davis & Trayvon Martin
18 of 21
19. 2013: Cheerios Depicts An Interracial Family & Racists Complain
19 of 21
20. 2014: #BlackLivesMatter: Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Renisha McBride, Antonio Martin, John Crawford, Tamir Rice & More
20 of 21
21. 2015: We Shall Overcome
21 of 21